Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: anime.js - Slideshow

Egg - Acorns XAR files works. But when I substitute my images (properly named) it does not work.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Gary, I've just selected the images within your file plus the line (of which I've applied a 99% transparency) and redifined them as htmlclass="photo"

This works very well, I can even keep my eyes out of focus and see the images as 3D.

LINK
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 04 June 2022 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Uploaded xar file
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg. I can't figure out what I did wrong.

I named all my images and the red line except as Acorn suggested, a duplicate of the first image sent to the back of the pack.

I must have messed up somewhere.

BTW - DP+ reduces screen captures way small and I have not figured out what the secret % is for scaling them 1:1 (1:1 does not work)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slide by slide.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	132151  

So, what if I just want the most basic fade slideshow. One image fades into the next. 1.5 second intervals?

I prefer to have the images be the focus not the various distortions.

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    Out of curiosity I had a play with Egg's file and to my surprise it worked with Pro X19, whereas the original does not. Maybe the images were original PNGs?
    Added a bit of standard Xara animation too: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/circles/
    No idea why it should work: Attachment 132147 - I'll have to wait for the Magix upgrade to see anime.js for real.
    Gary, XDPX19 possibly is working as you have used jQuery in the design. Hard to check as I do not have (or want) XDPXv19, but it could be serendipitous if that is the case.

The proper firing up of the animation would be javascript:anime(carousel).restart(); but this will not replay the Xara animation. You would have to uncover the Xara trigger for that.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    So, what if I just want the most basic fade slideshow. One image fades into the next. 1.5 second intervals?
    I prefer to have the images be the focus not the various distortions.
    Gary, Egg pointed out the issue was with the htmlclass Name.

The simplest code becomes:
    <script>
    var images = [].slice.call(document.querySelectorAll('.photo')).s lice(1, 100);
    var showtime = 750;
    var carousel = {
    targets: images,
    opacity: [0, 1],
    delay: anime.stagger(4 * showtime),
    easing: 'linear',
    duration: 2 * showtime,
    endDelay: showtime,
    loop: true,
    }
    anime(carousel);
    </script>
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks for this Acorn.

For those like me who totally missed this, the difference in the htmlclass name is I used Xara's default curly quotes vs the tick mark quotes. So my next question to stump the experts is how do I get the tick mark quotes?

Ah, hold on, I get it now. I copied and pasted my htmlclass="photo" and that caused the problem. So if I key in the same text instead of paste it in, then the quotes will automatically be correct and not curly quotes.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 04 June 2022 at 10:58 PM.