Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default anime.js - Slideshow

This is a very simple but versatile slider.
    I do, however, need to work out why I have to add an SVG shape to trigger it to work.

I have a collection of boxes with a Bitmap Fill of each image.
    All have a special Name of htmlclass="photo".

To avoid an abrupt transition at the end of the loop, I have cloned the topmost image, removed its Name and pushed it to the bottom of the stack.

To change the animation, I used simple number arrays to transition the opacity, size and rotation.
    You can alter all of these with a varied transform-origin to get zoom ins from the centre or edge, or even flips and spins.
    You change the showtime value to determine the timing.

The quirk is the small Red Line, top left of the images that I had to add to fire up the animation.

Demo: https://shared.xara.com/JHj0oTO04U
    Design: anime.js Slideshow.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: anime.js - Slideshow

That has a lot of promise, perhaps a circular reveal rather than one image one above the other. It would make a very interesting slideshow. I've experimented a bit but not perfected it at present.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg, I've tried a circular 400px dia reveal with:

<style>
    .photo {
    opacity: 0;
    transform-origin: 0 0.5;
    }
    </style>
    <script>
    var showtime = 3000;
    var carousel = {
    targets: '.photo',
    opacity: [0, 0.85, 1],
    rotateY: [270, 360],
    scaleX: [0, 0.5, 1],
    scaleY: [0, 0.35, 1],
    translateX: [-800, -600, 0],
    delay: anime.stagger(3 * showtime),
    easing: 'easeInQuad',
    duration: showtime,
    loop: true,
    }
    anime(carousel);
    </script>

My changes are in red.
    The images have to be forced to be PNG as well.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

That's great too but here's more along the line of my thinking. The start/end image would need more of a code clean-up.
    LINK

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 04 June 2022 at 12:27 AM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Here's another way to use this anime:

LINK
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Acorn - I love the simple elegance of the first slide show. Where do the photos go? Ah, wait, I see, the photos are stacked one on top the other. Cool. Thanks for this.

I'm missing something here. How do I add the SVG image. And why can't I select it in your example? And what is the function of the red line?

So near and yet so far.

Thanks again Egg for the inspiration.

Try:
    <script>
    var images = [].slice.call(document.querySelectorAll('.photo')).s lice(1, 100);
    var showtime = 1000;
    var carousel = {
    targets: images,
    zIndex: [2, 1],
    rotate: [270, 0],
    opacity: [0, 1],
    delay: anime.stagger(4 * showtime),
    easing: 'linear',
    duration: 2 * showtime,
    endDelay: showtime,
    loop: true,
    }
    anime(carousel);
    </script>

This still requires the thin red line but it is cut out of the animation itslef.

I put my images with an overlap so that they spin above the previous one and pause .
    It is a never-ending Escher staircase.

One thing I didn't mention and it's quite useful for sliders, if you open another tab and then come back to the slider, you find it has been paused all the time you were away.
    Saves on computing power and stops the end viewer missing out as your image sequence might be significant.

Demo: https://shared.xara.com/BgmEHQ4LQN
    Design: anime.js Spinning Circular Slideshow.xar

Acorn

Out of curiosity I had a play with Egg's file and to my surprise it worked with Pro X19, whereas the original does not. Maybe the images were original PNGs?

Added a bit of standard Xara animation too: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/circles/

No idea why it should work: anime.js Slideshow-3_test.xar - I'll have to wait for the Magix upgrade to see anime.js for real.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023

Maybe the images were original PNGs?
    Interesting Gary. Does the fly-in-buttons.xar work?
    Egg