Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: True space eh?

Threaded View

Default Re: True space eh?

Interestingly, as I stated on a previous post, I was looking at a True Space ad in some graphics magazine intrigued by the idea of 3D, but I not having 3D needs at the time, couldn't justify it's purchase - which was expensive for me at the time. One month later, an attorney client asked if I could create a 30 second 3D animation of an automobile accident for court. I said, yes, but it would take me 30 days to create it. You have to remember, I hadn't ever used 3D software yet, but committed to a well paying job. I picked up Raydream, because that was closer to my budget at the time. I spent 2 weeks learning how to use the software enough to create animations, and then spent 2 weeks creating the actual animation. Due to my shadows being too dark, which I didn't discover until render completion (72 hours), that I had to correct and re-render another 72 hours. But I got the job done and paid for multiple times. That was probably the most gutsy decision on a client's job, but that's how I got started in 3D.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 20 July 2022 at 06:32 AM.