Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: True space eh?

Default True space eh?

true Space 3.2, with patches, and plugins, is one awesome little app... while it is rather un useful for modeling, It's paint and rendering more than make up for things... We still love playing around with this little app, most every chance we get... most thing we build now a days are for to visualize better, what we require to build in real life, for practical purposes...

Default Re: True space eh?

So my email is [email deleted]... if you would like a zipped copy of trueSpace, just send me an email... I don't like pirating as a rule, but this app is just one of those deserted apps that still has use eh. You should be able to find the serial number online... cheers
    Last edited by Acorn; 31 May 2022 at 07:35 PM. Reason: You cannot promote theft on TG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gidgit View Post
    So my email is [email deleted]... if you would like a zipped copy of trueSpace, just send me an email... I don't like pirating as a rule, but this app is just one of those deserted apps that still has use eh. You should be able to find the serial number online... cheers
    James, putting you email out to all is an invite to spammers.
    Proposing others should use a product by harvesting a serial number is dangerous and probably against several countries' laws.

I have pulled you email.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Pull my everything lol... no biggie... I am too old and tired to deal with such bs... lol... It's been a slice... 3500 posts later, and good enough for me... I cut my teeth on modeling here... as did many... twas great fun over the years... certainly learned a lot, including introducing Bay's looping techniques... we held many discussions both here and at spiroloid, where we got really got schooled and passed it on here at TG... Are you even remotely familiar with such? Anyways, gardens to tend to, food to cook and stock up on... cheers just the same.

that was before my time here and i joined 15 years ago..... things were different then
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yeah, I live in close proximity to (Mark the Keeper) the photoshop guru back then, and we used to go shoot some golf balls around together... Meet up at Shaunacy Golf and Country Club, have some lunch together and talk about what was the latest on tg... Time most certainly has changed. And man, could he ever shoot a ball.

When I first considered using 3D software, back in maybe 2000, I was looking at a TrueSpace ad, but it was priced at $1000 back then and was too rich for me. So I ended up buying Raydream Studio for about $400, and was my first 3D program. So I've always known about TrueSpace, but never looked. Of course, I've since used Cinema 4D, Nichimen Mirai, but now just using Vue Creator for most of my stuff while modeling in Wings 3D, but am beginning to dabble with Blender.

I had Carrara too, but didn't use it much. Also had Poser 1, 2, 3, 11, which I use less and less. I have to learn Blender...

Me, I'd call myself a professional amateur at 3D. I used 3D when I ran a graphic design/digital print studio. I only dabbled at 3D for some graphics needs. Afterward, I've become a professional freelance cartographic illustrator for the game industry, of which a large percentage of my maps have been created in Xara. I've used Xara since XaraX (the first version). Since 2008, I've got over 1800 maps published, including some of the biggest publishers in the game industry, both the tabletop roleplaying game industry, as well as one commission where I created all the multi-player maps for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Strategy Guide (using Xara to create those maps). Now I'm a small publisher of roleplaying game materials with 3 authors, besides myself - all Canadian, unlike myself. Because I'm a low budget small publisher, I cannot afford buying art, so I've dug out my 3D programs and have learned enough to be my own illustrator. I have done a few 3D illustrations on commission, though I'm not comfortable doing 3D professionally, except for my own purposes. My work is "good enough" for my niche, since a large number of competitors publish work with what I consider less than good enough... My work appears as high production standards, but its just me.

If Xara still maintains it's Art Gallery (I don't know, haven't visited in a while), but I'm in that gallery, and was a mention in several of the Xara newsletters.

I have no idea why Canadian author/game designers seem attracted to my company. Though the first one, I did some collaborative work with 10 years ago on a project and worked together well. Five years ago, I was creating starship deck plans and because I published my own map products at the time, he asked if I'd be willing to publish a science fiction adventure module using my ships. I said yes. He's a professor at Bishop University in Toronto. Another with less experience, but good game design is a nurse from Edmonton. Because I too was a natural artist since early childhood, I knew wanted to work in the art field, and ended up doing graphic design, though I much prefer creating illustrations than graphic design. I became an illustrator, late in life - say from 45 years old onward. I got a nephew who is also a video game addict, but at least he's just completed a Perdue University BS in Software Engineering and has a bright future, already hired (military drone helicopter software design) and started his first week, last week.