Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

When I export EPS from XX1 and open in GSView, I am having a problem getting a landscape EPS from XX1 to cue GSView to open the EPS as Landscape. GSView says that it will honor an orientation instruction if found, but I am guessing that it isn't being generated from Xara. Has anyone encountered this and solved it?

Thanks

When I export EPS from XX1 and open in GSView, I am having a problem getting a landscape EPS from XX1 to cue GSView to open the EPS as Landscape. GSView says that it will honor an orientation instruction if found, but I am guessing that it isn't being generated from Xara. Has anyone encountered this and solved it?

Thanks

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

ev,

instead of exporting your drawing as *.eps, you should try to print it to a Linotronic printer to a file, i.e. 'd:\myprint.eps' after setting the correct orientation in the printer dialog. In the advanced options of the printer dialog you should enable 'download true type as softfonts', a sufficient resolution, page size and in the Postscript Output Options 'Encapsulated PostScript'.

I've made some screenshot for this procedure:

GS printing
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Jens - this is wonderful help! It never occurred to me to use a postscript printer to EPS. The resulting quality is great. Thanks you so much for taking the time to explain this in such detail.

Best,

Eric