Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Prox15.1 download

Nancy, Nobby2 hasn't created enough posts to be able to send/receive PM's
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg.

Yellowbird that sounds great - could you PM me via my old profile, I should be able to receive PM's there, it is Nobbyy.

The servers which were used for the activation have long been decommissioned
    FWIW - ver11 is still in my account, I can download the installation program and the serial number starts with P3 so AFAIK the servers are still ok - and I last installed that program on 05 february this year... [xara keep improving thing so I sometimes need to use older versions for some functions that have been altered/removed]

I also have ver 15.1 for which the installer cannot be downloaded, but it was bought as part of a humble bundle so that is different; it will still install from my downloaded instalation file
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by nobbyy2 View Post
    Thanks Egg.

Yellowbird that sounds great - could you PM me via my old profile, I should be able to receive PM's there, it is Nobbyy.
    nobbyy it wouldn't let me send a message to that one either. Here is the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/fll5ba2umf...53605.exe?dl=0 . If anyone else needs to download it they can. I'll leave it up for a while, I don't need the space. Nancy

Yellowbird - that is fantastic, thank you so much!!!! Only problem I now have is that Magix will not accept the serial number I enterered - even though I got it from their website in my account information!!! I have contacted support and await their response.

Handrawn - many thanks for taking the time to try and help, it is good to know that there are still very helpful people on the forum.

Acorn - any news on repairing my old forum profile? Dont know if this helps unravel the mystery of not seeing the icons ofr reply and new posts, but when I added the screenshots to my message the other day, when I logged in on my original account I could not see the screenshot, could it be some kind of 'view' issue?

Quote Originally Posted by nobbyy2 View Post
    Acorn - any news on repairing my old forum profile? Dont know if this helps unravel the mystery of not seeing the icons ofr reply and new posts, but when I added the screenshots to my message the other day, when I logged in on my original account I could not see the screenshot, could it be some kind of 'view' issue?
    OK. What I can try is use your original email address and claim I have forgotten your password.
    This should send you a link to login and change your forgotten password.

I never get to see it as it comes to you.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn

I just tried resetting my password on my original account.

The password change worked but unfortunately still no posting links.

I hear back from Magix support via two different people re my serial number issue.

First response said that 15.1 was part of special promotion via 'Humble bumble' and that Magx could not help re the serial number issue and UI would need to contact HB.

The second support person was much more helpful and provided a file that allowed me to install 15.1.

I still think that Xara/Magix really need to sort out this mess of serials and online activation as I remember having problems in the past.

not all 15.1 are humble bundle - mine is as mentioned, maybe yellowdird's I don't know, but it was also a regular update in the magix stream

the only installation differences that I know are in the registry entries, but the serial numbers may be seperate

glad you got it sorted

when I look at my magix account products page it is a bit of a mess ...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I am totally confused by their serial number regstering process, I have purchased a number of versions from 12 onwards yet only 15.1 shows on their system.

IF I ever got back into the web design world I would have to have a serious think before I committed to buying another Xara/Magix product because of this.