Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: XaraDPX 19 - paragraph color

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    If you select the text Tool and just click and type, you create a Text Line; the more you type, the longer it gets.

If you click and drag horizontally, you create a Text Column. This word-wraps and grows downwards.
    If you drag diagonally, you create a Text Area. Text Areas can flow over into other text areas or create new pages for your text.

The last two make use of Paragraph Backgrounds.
    The first only shows a small part under the words that is bigger than the text background when applied.

A Paragraph Background is left edge to right edge of the bounding box.
    Text background is only under what you have typed.

Yes, you are using a Text Line and Paragraph Background incorrectly.
    Use the text Tool:
    • Highlight all the text and Copy.
    • Click and drag diagonally to a similar box size of the current text. This is a Text Area.
    • Paste.
    • Job done.

Acorn
    Thanks! I knew of the different methods of creating a place for text, but didn't realize they had specifically different behaviors (and object types).

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I just selected all the text and then went through the steps I posted earlier [selecting a red] and it worked:

Attachment 132115

maybe the original is a mish-mash of colourbar right clicks....
    Interesting that it works if you select the entire area, but not for individual lines in that same area. If I change some lines to "none", those without tabs at the end once again only go the width of the text, rather than the whole area.

a text line can only configure to the end of that line by default - it has no idea how far out to go otherwise, unless you tell it...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    a text line can only configure to the end of that line by default - it has no idea how far out to go otherwise, unless you tell it...
    handrawn, nicely put.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat