Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default XARA DESIGNER ERASER QUESTION

Hi, is there an UNERASE function for the ERASER tool? Thanks.

Default Re: XARA DESIGNER ERASER QUESTION

Yes, there is. Press and hold SHIFT.

To erase - select object, click Erase Tool, press and hold left mouse button, 'paint' over the part you want to erase.
    To unerase - select object, click Erase Tool, press and hold left mouse button, PRESS AND HOLD SHIFT KEY, 'paint' over the part you want to unerase.

UN-erase, De-erase, Anti-erase, Reverse-erase? Non of them seem like real words

I may be doing something wrong, but I think what chris suggests gives you the shape builder tool function, not an unerase; in other words it may work fine with an image as they have defined boundaries, but with a shape it will 'just keep going' - and it works at the defined nib size for the tool

if you want to unerase straight away ctrl+z should work
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I may be doing something wrong, but I think what chris suggests gives you the shape builder tool function, not an unerase; in other words it may work fine with an image as they have defined boundaries, but with a shape it will 'just keep going' - and it works at the defined nib size for the tool

if you want to unerase straight away ctrl+z should work
    You are more than likely correct.
    I use the method constantly when erasing, usually in this order: 'I'll just remove a tad more...Oh (dearie me, what a shame)' Holds Shift. 'Oh, now I've put even more back than before'. Let's go of shift. Repeat for an hour, then press delete and go walk the dog.

Thanks so much. Yes indeed it works perfectly with images. But not in shapes. If its the limitation of Xara then I will have to be contented with this, but hey maybe some xara developer/s happens to reads this and will consider this feature in the future version.

you are welcome

@Chris M

if I want precision I might use intersect [or slice] function.... especially as I have no dog to walk
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...