Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Publishing to Namecheap

Hello everyone. Whatever corner of this huge world you call home, I hope life is treating you good.

I have a quick question. I have a client that has a domain name and hosting at Namecheap. I have never used them. I have for years had all my domain names, and hosting at one hosting site, and when I create a site, boom, I select publish website, I fill in the 4 required fields and 2 optional, and off it goes. Website online. Easy. Perfect. Stress free. Now, back to Namecheap. Holy crap, I've spent seven hours today doing everything to try to get this small site online and nothing, I mean nothing will work. I continuously get an FTP Error, a time out error, etc. I tried from Xara. I tried from FileZilla. I tried going into the File Manager and physically dragging the files into it. (This way did get me the index of... page with a list of all the files lol)...OK so, has anybody, using Xara, published a site into Namecheap successfully, and if so, please enlighten me. At this point, I don't even know if it's possible. Thank you in advance for any help.
    Tazz

Default Re: Publishing to Namecheap

From what I can see on online videos your root directory should be public_html.
    Are you using this directory?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

NameCheap has changed recently to update their security. I have had a hosting account with them for over 20 years. But fortunately all my sites were already established so the new changes did not affect me. But recently I set two clients up with their own hosting accounts and it was a royal pain.

They do have really good support (in Ukraine!). I think my solution was to the C-Panel user name, C-panel password with the server setting they suggested, and published to public_html and it worked. It seemed like a case of make the hard ones look easy and the easy ones look hard.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	publish.png 
Views:	45 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	132077  

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    From what I can see on online videos your root directory should be public_html.
    Are you using this directory?
    Hi Egg...Yea I tried that to no avail. I had an eleven email string with five different people over the emails, which is always tough because I was finding myself repeating things over and over and seemingly getting the same responses each time. I felt like they weren't looking at the previous responses or screen shots. Wow, I ripped my hair out. Over a two day span, working non-stop on trying to just publish a small simple site, and nada. Nothing worked. I have been with iPage for about 17 years and have about sixty domain names and sites I've built with them, and luckily I transferred the domain name, same day, to them, and in less than 30 seconds I published the site. I wish there was a solution to the problem just for the reason that it's always nice to be able to share if someone else ends up in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    NameCheap has changed recently to update their security. I have had a hosting account with them for over 20 years. But fortunately all my sites were already established so the new changes did not affect me. But recently I set two clients up with their own hosting accounts and it was a royal pain.

They do have really good support (in Ukraine!). I think my solution was to the C-Panel user name, C-panel password with the server setting they suggested, and published to public_html and it worked. It seemed like a case of make the hard ones look easy and the easy ones look hard.
    Hi GWPriester, thanks for the input. Yea it was indeed a royal pain. It truly turned out to be impossible. I was getting different ideas from their tech support, and following it to a tee, but nothing worked. It was truly crazy. I was taking screen shots showing exactly what I have input in the specific fields, whether through the FTP publishing screen of Xara, or Filezilla, and even the direct upload in the NameCheap File Manager, and nothing worked. I then gave them screenshots of the errors. When I finally transferred the domain name to iPage, (which thankfully happened the same day) through Xara, it instantly published to site....less than 30 seconds, compared to two days of hair pulling frustration lol. I'm too old for that crap, and have a heart in afib all the time. I can't have that type of crap happening lmao.

I hear you. Glad you got it all sorted. I think part of the problem with Namecheap is they have really beefed up their security and that is causing all kinds of issues.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I hear you. Glad you got it all sorted. I think part of the problem with Namecheap is they have really beefed up their security and that is causing all kinds of issues.
    Yea it's definitely good, so much so, that I COULDN'T even get my website through it to publish Ahhh well I tried!