Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Failed setup for bitmap rendering. The requested bitmap may be too big.

Hi,

When I try to preview or upload this page on my site (Untitled 3) I get: Failed setup for bitmap rendering. The requested bitmap may be too big."

Can you please check it out to see what's wrong? I'm using Web Designer 365 Premium, 64 bit.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Failed setup for bitmap rendering. The requested bitmap may be too big.

Welcome to TalkGraphics, ariabrian

No one would sensibly try to publish a web page 36404.4px tall as you have no included any Top of Page Links
    I suggest your XDA or computer memory is being choked.
    You image is only 38kB.

I did set the page to 40,000px and I was able to publish easily.

You have 27 sections.
    I would put each one into its own Pop-up Layer and use the current page links to open these sections.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Failed setup for bitmap rendering. The requested bitmap may be too big.

I set the page to 40,000 px and it still didn't work. The page uploads okay in Designer 19, but not in designer 365.

Quote Originally Posted by ariabrian View Post
    I set the page to 40,000 px and it still didn't work. The page uploads okay in Designer 19, but not in designer 365.
    You're missing the point, my machine and version are different so I was just checking if the program had a limit. That doesn't mean D365 will work.

Chop the page in two and if it works you have found a limit of D365.

Avoid long pages, no one will read them.

A
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

how do I put each section in a popup layer? Is there a turorial?

Thanks

If I put each section into a pop-up layer will that redice the bitmap size so I can publish the page?

Is bitmap size the same as page size?

Thanks

Lightbulb Re: Failed setup for bitmap rendering. The requested bitmap may be too big.

The "bitmap size" is an erroneous message arising from the very tall page you created.
    Rebuilding into Layer should make it alright.

The excessive Text Column you used affects a lot of other screen rendering in the design and slows everything down.

Here is how I would recover your design. Feel free to follow your very first aphorism.

• In the Text Tool copy out all your sayings into a text editor, MS's Notepad is good enough for this.
    • Delete this Text Column.
    • Reduce the page height to 1600px.
    • Set Main's width to 1080px.
    • Try and reduce the wasted height of the image and NavBar by combining.
    • Definitely set up Guides and Lock the Layer.
    • Enable Snap to Guides.
    • In the Page & Layer gallery, double-click on the page icon to show the current Layers.
    • Create a new Layer for each of the current Anchors in your sub-NavBar.
    • Create Paragraph Styles for the Site Logo - H1, the Sayings Headings - H2, and the sub-navBar Links - H3.
    • Set up all new texts as Text Areas 720px wide on each new Layer at the same vertical position - use a Horizontal Guide.
    • Copy back in the text for a given Layer.
    • Make its title H2.
    • Link from its Link to the Layer with Link > Pop-up layer instead of Link to anchor.

My example design covers your first six headings: Words of Wisdom.web

Acorn

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ariabrian View Post
    Thank you!
    ariabrian, good to hear from you. Have you been successful in sorting things?

Acorn