Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Animation suggestions

I made this animation in Designer Pro for a facebook ad/post. Looking for ideas/suggestions to make it better. (Music was added using windows video editor). Thanks!

Nancy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Animation suggestions

I don't like the way the text appears from above the top of the frame Nancy, I believe it would be more effective if the line of text was all within the frame..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	132057  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Screen-recording of animations might not achieve the best resolution for mp4 video output; FB and Instagram videos would likely be better created using a good video editor and high-quality graphics.

That said, taking Egg's comments here is an example that could be screen-recorded for a FB/Insta square video format:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Animation_FB.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	159.8 KB 
ID:	132066

Text_fadein_fadeout.xar - this has a message bar where 5 headline messages (could be less rather than more) fade-in and fade-out leaving the visitor with a final headline message. The respective logos are placed side-by-side to suggest a partnership and the contact info is at the bottom.

There are better ways to do this, but for the purpose of creating a simple social media post it should be OK. The approach uses an animation delay for each message with a covering rectangle.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    I don't like the way the text appears from above the top of the frame Nancy, I believe it would be more effective if the line of text was all within the frame..
    You are right Egg. Thanks. I had a different idea starting out. The text that comes from above the page is small and black and changes to the brighter color. I don't want it to be seen on the first frame, so I'd probably just make it transparent within the frame and have it transform from transparent to the larger font size in color.

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    Screen-recording of animations might not achieve the best resolution for mp4 video output; FB and Instagram videos would likely be better created using a good video editor and high-quality graphics.

That said, taking Egg's comments here is an example that could be screen-recorded for a FB/Insta square video format:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Animation_FB.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	159.8 KB 
ID:	132066

Text_fadein_fadeout.xar - this has a message bar where 5 headline messages (could be less rather than more) fade-in and fade-out leaving the visitor with a final headline message. The respective logos are placed side-by-side to suggest a partnership and the contact info is at the bottom.

There are better ways to do this, but for the purpose of creating a simple social media post it should be OK. The approach uses an animation delay for each message with a covering rectangle.
    Thanks Initiostar, I'm not using a screen recording, I export the animation from Xara to an uncompressed .avi. Then put it into Video editor, add the music and export it as .mp4. The graphics are high quality. I can export it at 1080p. To get the file size to where I could upload here, I exported at 720p. Your layout and fade-in fade-out headlines is a better idea. I have started working with a video editor called openshot. Some things I can do easily, but I haven't mastered keyframes etc. so I get a little frustrated.