Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: XaraDPX19 - New patch 19.0.0.64291

Just updated my copy of Xara Photo & Graphic Designer to 19.0.0.64291 DL x64 May 3 2022 (from 19.0.0.63990 DL x64 Mar 11 2022).

Whatever was updated, I think it was more than a patch update, more like a full new installation, with new icon placed on desktop (old icon pinned to taskbar no longer worked) and needed to re-activated and registered online etc.

Unfortunately two things I was waiting for weren't fixed:

1. the 'object with shadow applied not snapping' problem (see image below)
    2. Google font finder not showing examples of each font :-(

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snapping-problem-with-text-and-shadow.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	132045
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Quote Originally Posted by xardesign View Post

I installed it by following the indicated steps from the program, I got a message saying that the update was successfully installed. I then fired up Xara again to check if it applied the update, but nope, nothing happened and still running version 18.5.0.63630.

I will try rebooting the computer later, and see what happens. I know that shouldn't be the problem, but then again different companies doing different things with their programs.
    Version 18 does not get uninstalled. You indicated that version 19 was installed, so you are probably clicking on the wrong icon to open Xara. Check for the version 19 icon or look under Windows Start for the version 19 of Xara.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Thank you handrawn and MB365. I have sent an email to magix.net with all the screenshots showing every step of the updating process.

I tried earlier today to update the app, and I realized that the message said that the application was "successfully uninstalled", and not "successfully updated". I was mistaken in saying in my previous message that the update was successfully installed. There was no following steps available for me to install the update. Also, I forgot to mention that that I had to register and validate the application too.

Under the start menu, there is only the icon for Click image for larger version. 

Name:	start-menu-icon.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.7 KB 
ID:	132053
    Last edited by xardesign; 18 May 2022 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Issues with the size of the attachment and additional information

@xardesign
    As I indicated, it looks like you successfully installed version 19. It is a separate version from 18. You now have both. Both programs are there and you are using the version 18 icon to start the program. Look for another Xara icon is you accepted to have one on your desktop. Or, you need to check under the Windows Start menu, Xara folder, to see if Xara 19 is there.

Also, please, when you post screen shots, make them larger. You strip of images is extremely hard to read.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Hi browj2,

I am baffled, I don't know why the attachment doesn't show the actual full size image. I just tried to preview the image in the browser, and all I get is a 33% size of the actual image, which I agree is too hard to read. Could be that the image is too tall to be displayed in its actual size; I don't know. I may have to insert each image on its own and see what happens.

I checked under the Programs folder under the explorer window, only version 18 is present. Plus, everytime, I start Xara, I get the software update window message.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	updatingfrom18to19.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	132056  

Looks like the message board app didn't like the size of my previous image, because now the individual images are showing at their original size ( from what I see on my browser).

Name:	upd1.jpg 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	132058

Name:	upd2.jpg 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	132059

Name:	upd3.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	132060

Name:	upd4.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	132061

Name:	upd5.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	132062

Name:	upd6.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	132063

Name:	upd7.jpg 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	132064

Very strange.

The update for me was for Xara Designer Pro X and I already had version 19. You are using Xara P&GD starting from version 18.

You say that your Update Service is still active. If so, then download and install the trial version of Xara P&GD and try to activate it using the P3 serial number in your account for the same product.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

browj2,

Indeed I have noticed some unusual messages while trying to update the app (register the app again, deactivate the app...). Not sure what's causing the issue. I reported my findings with the Magix support team, and they just requested my serial # a few hours ago which I just did submit. My update service is still current, and I think it is a good idea to download the trial to overwrite the existing one on my system. Now that I think of it, I recall having done that in the past with Xara; strange licensing system. Anyway, thanks for the tip!

You know like working on a car, one needs all kinds of tools to get the job done, so Xara is not my only graphic tool. I have the Affinity suite, Adobe, Corel... I think that each tool has its strenghts and weaknesses, so the bottom line whatever gets the done fast and good gets my approval.

update: just downloaded the eval version 19, and installed it as I am still writing this message, however the validation process asked me to deactivate version 18 on my system in order to validate 19. Usually, a piece of software will update the existing version, and/or allow you to specify a new path for the new upgrade; say, I want to keep 18 for whatever reason. I know this, because I have other software products sitting on the same drive with different upgraded versions.

latest update: now I was able to fire up version 18, and it opened. Someone needs to explain to me why I need to deactivate 18 in order to validate 19. Makes no sense to me, because deactivate means you cannot open the app.

@xardesign

Deactivating is not the same as uninstalling. You likely have too many activations and Magix is detecting that you want another one. Sometimes, if there are major changes to hardware or OS, Magix will detect it as another device.

Go into your account on Magix.com and look at your activations for Xara P&GD. Deactivate one of them that makes sense to deactivate. Then activate Xara 19 by starting it.

You can always deactivate v19 and reactivate v18 if necessary.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)