Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to implement CodePen magic into Xara

I regularly get CodePen emails and view the amazing things people do there with HTML, CSS & JS but I've never understood if this can be implemented within a Xara page.

Below is a link to one I really think is great (but I'll never have cause to use it!)

How do you go about placing this code into a Xara page please?

LINK
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: How to implement CodePen magic into Xara

Egg, most CodePens are fairly straightforward but the need for a module to support the import call to three.js and use of three.js-toys defeats me.

GitHub https://github.com/klevron/threejs-toys requires an npm call: npm install three threejs-toys so there is a lot of building required.
    Trawling around raised a number of dodgy sites so I veered off.

Instead, as an exercise, try this CodePen: https://codepen.io/al-ro/pen/BaaBage.

Where you have:
    <body> <canvas id="canvas" width="1400" height="600"></canvas>
    </body>

Create a Placeholder 1400x600px.
    In its body, put:
    <div>
    <canvas id="canvas" width="100%" height="100%"></canvas>
    </div>
    This gives you more Xara flexibility.

You can ignore its CSS as this is only for making the page Black.
    In Xara, that is more easily done, giving, again, better control.

Finally, place the JavaScript inside <script> tags and put under the <div>.

As a rule HTML and JS in the Placeholder body.
    CSS in a head (Placeholder or Website), noting Xara CSS is in-line and could overwrite parts.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: How to implement CodePen magic into Xara

Thanks for that Acorn. I had no issue getting the neon heart to work.
    I'll be giving it more go's in the future and if I get stuck I know who to ask
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host