Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Hello guys - Illustrator related question

Hello guys,

I am new to the forum so I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to post this thread.

I have been searching the internet on how to make a shiny/gold like text effect but all I find is for large fonts and I am trying to do the same thing on a thin cursive font.

Trying to do this effect on the image attached, can someone with a little more experience help me? I would be very grateful if they could show me the process so that I can learn. I am starting a small company and I have very little photoshop/illustrator skills but I would want to learn how to do it as well.

Thanks in advance for reading my post, would very much appreciate some help on this matter.

Hope you all have a good weekend!

Lots of love

MFR

(If anyone is up to it I can send the original .ai file) Couldn't upload here because of upload size restrictions
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Hello guys - Illustrator related question

It looks to me like you did OK considering this is such a thin font you might try darkening the lower and upper a bt so the light part of the linear fill shows brighter you need to be careful though because it's on a black background, not knowing photoshop it's difficult to advise, try a linear fill same darker lightest darker same ae 1st.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

You've done a fine job. If you make the text appear to be shinier you will need to add a reflection in the text that will make the text harder to read. This forum is primarily for Xara users. Xara is a series of vector based programs. This is a very old tutorial for creating metallic text. http://archive.xaraxone.com/webxealo...tml/page_1.htm You can translate this into Photoshop functions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	metallics_06.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	132015  

as I read it, the OP's attached PDF is what they wish to achieve, not what they have done...
    I can only say, that which works for large fonts will work for any font...

post up a link to the turtorial, maybe we can help...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Welcome to TG MFR.

I think HandDrawn is correct:

... as I read it, the OP's attached PDF is what they wish to achieve, not what they have done...
    I can only say, that which works for large fonts will work for any font...
    It's interesting image though as I attach part of the original image. What makes it more than just a font with a vertical linear fill (as in my image 1) is that it has subtle variations on the fill on different characters of the text. I created this by cutting the text up and applying various circular and elliptical fills (as in 2).

3 is just the same 9 shapes that make up the text exploded.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export-0.png 
Views:	85 
Size:	121.5 KB 
ID:	132017   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export-1.png 
Views:	85 
Size:	186.7 KB 
ID:	132018  

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hello Everyone!

Wow thank you so much for your replies. I'm sorry about the delay of my reply, I have been away for work these last couple of days.

To clarify, the image I provided is what I was able to make. I am much happier with it now after your positive feedback to be honest haha! I felt that it did not show the effect that I was trying to achieve (shiny/golden).

I would like to thank you all very much for your feedback but especially for your time and effort.

I will try and perfect it to my likings (trying to add the same effect in a bit more clear way on the second and third word as I did on the first one), on Tuesday and will get back to you guys with the result.

Thanks again! I am very grateful

Cheers.

look forward to it
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...