Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone know how or where I could get a message board that could go on my site instead of the message board host site? All the ones I see seem to be like that, and I want to put it right on my site. Any tips? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

thanks.

-fodo
    IP

Does anyone know how or where I could get a message board that could go on my site instead of the message board host site? All the ones I see seem to be like that, and I want to put it right on my site. Any tips? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

thanks.

-fodo
    IP

http://ikonboard.com Killer FREE board! (uses perl and cgi-bin)

[This message was edited by UnHoly on July 25, 2001 at 22:36.]
    IP

Thanks UnHoly. That looks good from just looking at it for a minute so far. Thanks for the help.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

-fodo
    IP

I'm glad I could help and jumped at the chance to pimp out a great product. I'm using that board on my site, but haven't set up the css yet. If you run into anything ya need help with in setting it up, just leave a message here and I'll send ya my email address or icq#. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

Yikes, I downloaded the ikonboard but there's no destructions anywhere. I guess they expect people to understand things that I just don't.

Can anyone tell me what's the first thing to do? Do I send it to my website first? Do I install it on my 'puter at home to set things up first? How do you install it anyway? I can't even look at any of the files because acrobat reader comes up and I don't know what program to use.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks,

Sharon P.
    www.fischerpassmoredesign.com
    IP

Take The Downloaded zip file and unzip it to "my documents" on your computer. You'll find a folder there named "ib219" or whatever version you downloaded. Inside that folder are all the files along with "help" and "first_install" in HTML. You'll need a good FTP program to move the files to your site, one that lets you change or set permissions, WS_FTP95 is a good one that does this. DO NOT SET PERMISSIONS TO '0777' use '0755' instead, just trust me on this! Let me know how ya make out, the instructions are really good in the help files but sometimes its not enough. Anymore troubles let me know. I've been around here since the I-US days, just never wrote anything before this!hehe C-ya Back at the Xara-X
    forums mom [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Yes, I had to edit this one too! I've been out of school a very long time! haha [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by UnHoly on July 29, 2001 at 00:59.]

[This message was edited by UnHoly on July 29, 2001 at 01:04.]
    IP

Thanks, UnHoly.
    I'll give it a try and let you know how bad I screwed up. HEHEHE

Sharon P.
    www.fischerpassmoredesign.com
    IP

Hey Unholy,
    i went and got ikonboard from you said, seems pretty cool, except i'm having a few problems with cookies.
    do you know how ikonboard stands up to lots of traffic?
    cheers,
    chuck
    IP

What Kind Of Troubles Are You Having With Cookies Chuck? Did You Download ib2 or ib3? Board V2 Is The Stable Version At This Time, If Your Running V3 It's Alpha or Beta Stage Right Now And You'd Be Doing Them A Favor By Letting Them Know You Might Have Found A Bug In It........
    As Far As Standing Up To Traffic, Can't Tell You For Sure. Just Check Their Board For Traffic (Very Heavy), So If I Had To Guess I'd Say It'll Do The Trick For Ya. I Don't Work For Jarvis, I Just Found A Free Cool Board For Personal Or Commercial Use(Which Is VERY Rare In Itself [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]) And Thought I'd Share My Find With Others. Tell Me More About The Problem Your Having And I'll Tell Ya If I Can Help Or Even Ask Over At Their Forum, Lotsa Cool People Over There Too!.....C-ya

BTW.....Hows It Going With Yours mom_de_bomb?
    IP