Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problem with video embedded from Google Drive

When lockdown prevented our history society’s face to face presentations, we turned to Zoom meetings which we also record for the members’ area of our website. I have seven videos saved in Google Drive and each has a page on the website. I am trying to embed another video, using exactly the same method as before, but the video won’t play in either page preview or after publishing – I just have a spinning circle.

Having uploaded the video to Drive, I share to anyone, select ‘preview’, select ‘open in new window’, select ‘embed item’, and copy and paste the text into the page placeholder (having changed it to allow full screen). Eg

<iframe src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/10Vk-dvuBD_3SrhNEWDSLsOzQKZaDFt7x/preview" width="640" height="480" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The problem video is just over 700 MB which is similar to some of the other Zoom recordings. They start off much smaller but get bigger after editing bits out. In the Drive folder, all seven videos appear with an image from the recording but the problem video just shows a red folder. The video plays ok in Drive.

The videos on the website have a ‘pop out’ arrow in the corner – I don’t know why, it’s just there. Oddly, with the problem video page preview, if I double click on the arrow then it takes me into my Google Drive folder and the video plays. No password requested!

I tried removing the video from Drive and uploading it again but it made no difference. I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Default Re: Problem with video embedded from Google Drive

Is it waiting to completely download 700MB before it plays? ... it could be waiting a while.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Default Re: Problem with video embedded from Google Drive

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    Is it waiting to completely download 700MB before it plays? ... it could be waiting a while.
    I don't think so. I opened the page preview and then went to sort out my holiday clothes for a couple of hours and it was still spinning!

Update: I have no idea why, but the video is working now. The red folder in Drive now has an image from the recording. I wonder if Drive was still processing the video? Anyway, sorry to waste your time.
    Last edited by JFry; 06 May 2022 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Update