Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Photo albums

Default Photo albums

I'm looking for some pointers/advice on how to put some photo albums into a page within a website. I have jalbum and a couple of other bits of software that I can use to create albums but I'm lost after that.
    Thanks for any assistance
    Steve

Default Re: Photo albums

I've moved this post to Web Design chat.

Default Re: Photo albums

Quote Originally Posted by spd1954 View Post
    I'm looking for some pointers/advice on how to put some photo albums into a page within a website. I have jalbum and a couple of other bits of software that I can use to create albums but I'm lost after that.
    Thanks for any assistance
    Steve
    Steve, this is subject that has been widely covered on TG and there are lots of different ways to build a native photo album/ gallery in Xara. Here is just one example: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/simple_grid/.

This example here is designed to work on mobile, tablet and desktop (and uses Scale-to-fit-Width) to transition between them. It works because the 5 column grid is transposed to one with 2 columns for mobile; changing a photo on the desktop variant (in this template) automatically changes its counterpart in the mobile variant.

It does use a few lines of code, but other than that it is plain Xara. Photo_Grid_Animation.xar.

You are welcome to take a look. Hopefully it will give you some ideas and you can refine your requirement. My approach here was to create just one photo, build a desktop grid, then share with the mobile variant and reorder from 5 columns to 2 columns.

Gary