Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mood/Brand Boards

I see some designers use Mood/Brand board and they create these boards for use in Adobe. I was wondering if anybody does this with Xara? Do others find these useful? I don't think they would work for my style of work but I am always interested in how others approach projects.

Ray

Default Re: Mood/Brand Boards

Ray, this is where Xara Cloud probably excels.

I use Palette from Images and same these off as special Colour Scheme XAR (...themecolorscheme.xar) files that you can drag onto your design.

A similar Thread: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...in-Xara-Titles.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I guess the MOOD boards is more for agencies to use when trying to get a feel for a design and direction of a project when presenting to customers. Like I said not something I would really use much of.

Acorn you said you use the Palette from Images and Xara Pro has this feature also. I wonder if many others use this function. Before Xara had this function I had a third party program that would do the same but I found I never used it much.

Ray

You can easily create a few colors from the (lets say main image on your website) and then incorporate it into your website. I do not use any automated apps to give me those colors.
    Another thing is you can see what colors are used in any industry by doing a google search. For example blue is used for medical.

If you are going to alter your colours in your website systematically then as a first you need to use Themed Colours.

Xara provides the Palette from Image function to create five main Theme Colours with shade/tints that you can spin off from.

These are my default template Theme Colours:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Moodie.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	131975

Just by loading an image, I can change all these with one click.

When I have a client, I pick any photo they have or corporate colours and create a range of colour schemes.
    With these I can run Accessibility checks and advise which are the best for the web.

My client colour schemes are using the image under the theme colour palette so very easy to talk over.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat