Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Creating 3D Stereo-Pair photos

Stereo-pair photos (the modern day equivalent to the Stereopticon photos at the turn of the century) are easy to do and to assemble in Xara.

When you view a stereo pair phone, relax your eyes and look beyond the two images until you see a third image in the middle. When you accomplish this the image in the middle will be 3D.

It is easy to create these stereo pairs with a cell phone camera. Take one photo, move about 3 inches horizontally to the right and take another photo. The distance between the two photos should be about the same as the space between your two eyes unless you are taking a photo that covers a great distance. In this case increase the distance.

In Xara, match the two photos and reduce the size so the width of two photos combined is about 5 1/2 inches.

If you reverse the two photos then the effect will be properly viewed by crossing your focus, the left eye looking at the right photo and vice versa.

The width of the photos for cross eyes or Converging stereographic viewing can be considerably wider but is harder for most people to focus on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	STEREO-PAIRS.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	974.4 KB 
ID:	131940  

Default Re: Creating 3D Stereo-Pair photos

Stilll can't do the look beyond thing ... my brain can't force my eyes to focus there. But cross-eyed viewing I can do. That looks absolutely fantastic Gary. It's a nice orchid too.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

like it - parallel view was easy to see by relaxing eyes and good depth - cross-eyed I struggled with but sort of got it there...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

TIP: If you hold a flat piece of cardboard in front of your nose, perpendicular to the screen or page and in-between the two pictures it blocks each eye from seeing the other's picture and you only see the 3D picture when the images merge