Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Changing jpeg to webp

I’ve got a site that is picture heavy. I’ve gone thru the optimization and taken a hard look at any slideshows which i may not need. The site is slow. Too slow.

Upon inspection I notice that some are pics are uploaded as jpeg and some are webp. Xara is choosing the format.
    Is there a way to change all images to webp before I upload, without importing all pics again.
    Many thanks,
    -Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Default Re: Changing jpeg to webp

Not all browsers recognize webp files so jpeg and png files are also uploaded to the servers. If a visitor's browser can handle webp images, only those are downloaded. If you have a lot of pictures, make sure that Web Properties/Website/Include WebP images is selected.

Bill, as @Boy says, Xara exports all JPEGs & PNGs as WebPs as well.
    The end viewer only get delivered what his browser can handle.

This means the Export/Preview is deadly slow so I untick WebP until Publish.

You site's slowness is down to the large number of images handles.
    If you are using the Xara Slideshow widget, the images will probably still be PNG/JPEG as Xara has not upgraded it to accommodate the latest XDA WebP uplift.

Drop me a PM and I'll have a look.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks @boy and @acorn.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.