Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Drawing Dissapeared

After spending considerable time on a drawing with multiple levels, I needed a new brush stroke. I drew what I wanted as the brush stroke, and created it. The new stroke appeared as expected, but the drawing my drawing, including the brush stroke that I had drawn (not the one that was now in the New Brush Stroke tool). I saved the file with a new file name, closed it, and opened the previous one with the vanishing drawing. The drawing was still gone. I am using Zara Extreme Version 2.0 e Dec 1 2005. Anybody have an idea of how and why this happened, and hopefully how the missing drawing can be restored?

I also discovered that I can no longer draw anything on any of the layers, or at least if I do everything is invisible.

Thanks in advance for any forthcoming suggestions!
    Last edited by Rhone; 24 April 2022 at 11:44 PM.

Default Re: Drawing Dissapeared

It sounds as if the drawing document has become corrupted.

The version you are using is very old but this might work. See if in File > Open Recent there is a link to Backups... at the bottom of the list. If so, search through the most recent backups to see if you can find the last good backup before the excrement hit the fan.

If not there is probably a backups folder though I cannot remember where it is.

Acorn when he checks in or any of the more knowledgeable members might give you a place to look.

Thanks, I think it's actually a Windows problem. I finally closed Xara, and opened it again and the drawing was back. It's still acting a bit funky, but I can usually get it back with no problem. I can't seem to be able to retain the new brush though. I've created it more than once in a blank file and it's gone when I open it and close it again after giving it a name and saving it.

Hi Rhone, can you attach an example .xar/.web file?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

you must leave a brush stroke in the file. ie the new brush must be used, otherwise the brush will not save
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...