Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Part-finished animation ......

them bogies is on the track, but the fast motion probably makes them appear to fly somewhat; could lower a tad maybe, but the simplicity of the design may mean it makes no difference to the optics outside of a still?

either way it is very well done

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bogies.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	131934
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Easing can be done using the < and > symbols:

"Accelerating and Decelerating

Usually the tween steps are evenly spaced between keyframes, producing a linear animation from one keyframe to the next. By appending < and > symbols to the front of the object name, you can make objects speed up or slow down. So naming an object >Name means that it starts fast and slows. The opposite, <Name, would start slow and speed up.

You can even use these in combinations. So an object name <>Name would start slow, speed up and then slow down towards the end of the frame period. In traditional animator's terminology this is called 'easing', so you can ease in or ease out, and the command <> would be an ease in/out.

You can control the degree of acceleration or deceleration by using numbers from 0 to 9. So <2Name would be a very gentle acceleration, while <9Name would be extreme acceleration. Similar >2 in front of the name would give a slight deceleration. Using the name >Name (with no number) is the same as >5Name.

Example: there is an example file called Pendulum in the Flash Examples section of the Designs Gallery (click the Disc Designs button on the Designs Gallery). The pendulum group uses a combination of <> and the rotate command. Another example called "Zoom.xar" is also worth examining."
    "Communication is everything"

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Beck View Post
    Easing can be done using the < and > symbols:
    Another example called "Zoom.xar" is also worth examining."
    Simon, which product are you referring to?
    There are no Flash examples supported anymore, which is why @Egg is experimenting with SVGator.
    The Disc designs button is to access your local content. In your case, is this a Xara CD?

Where might 'Zoom.xar' found?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

it works in version 19; I only had a quick look out of curiosity and it appears to me that you can only apply easing frame by frame [not across frames unless I did something wrong]; if that is so then combined with 9 discrete levels only [no curves] it's not very flexible... [which is not to say it isn't useful]
    Nothing lasts forever...

That's just awesome, Egg. I remember using flash many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    it works in version 19; I only had a quick look out of curiosity and it appears to me that you can only apply easing frame by frame [not across frames unless I did something wrong]; if that is so then combined with 9 discrete levels only [no curves] it's not very flexible... [which is not to say it isn't useful]
    So it the Animation mechanism and the Naming of each frame. The documentation seems to suggest you you the Name Gallery on the animation objects.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by gray View Post
    That's just awesome, Egg. I remember using flash many years ago.
    Yeah I love it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Animation looks brilliant.
    The barrier motion looks very natural.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    So it the Animation mechanism and the Naming of each frame. The documentation seems to suggest you you the Name Gallery on the animation objects.

Acorn
    I left xara animation behind 10 years ago; in truth I only ever really used it for GIF; this was just something I never recall knowing about [a broad catagory I will admit...]; never used flash, went straight into Toon Boom
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks again everybody, good to see so much interest.

Yes, I'm not using Xara for these creation but SVGator which has numerous Easing types. I always disliked gif animations as there's no tweening. You could create it in Xara as Simon states but this was only of use if you were to export as a Flash .swf file which is now long dead.

The train is not only crap but I believe it's too small. I'll try it with a better, larger train.

I wouldn't want to let Acorn down so here's a hand-driven trolley he requested. Can't add it to my level-crossing animation it would require far too much work:

For Acorn
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host