Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Blogger embedded in Xara design- publish comment jumps to Google page

I found the Blogger API HERE.
    I have no idea what to do with that.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Default Re: Blogger embedded in Xara design- publish comment jumps to Google page

Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post
    Hi Acorn,

Thanks for the link to W3Schools. Great stuff and easy to understand.

However, my attempts to change that button only gave me red text.

I added a button with your link to and it does nothing. See the above script that has the function to reload. I think that something is missing.

Are you able to create a comment (on the first post) then refresh to see if the number of comments increases?

Same link.

I am using Edge and Chrome.
    John,

You can if you want just use a standard Xara 'Link to' with the Function provided:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blog_Use Link to Function.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	164.6 KB 
ID:	131935

This works as expected by reloading the page, although for me it also reloads the Google cookie each time. The API is useful but you're into some coding here.

Gary

Hi Gary,

I presume that reload means that it reloads the page, not just the blog. Correct?

Looks good!

Thanks,
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Hi John,

Poor use of terminology by me; it reloads the blog only.

Gary

@Gary, thank you for getting it working as a function call; the in-line version ought to have also worked.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I have updated the test site. @Gary, I changed the buttons as yours looks much cleaner.

I don't see how a reload on the button only reloads the blog as there is no reference to the blog iframe.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

I have updated the test site. @Gary, I changed the buttons as yours looks much cleaner.
    I don't see how a reload on the button only reloads the blog as there is no reference to the blog iframe.
    John, it is because the standard deems a change of an IFRAME URL to be a DOM change, which requires a full refresh of the IFRAME document.
    The same would happen with my other suggestion of just changing the IFRAME visibility.
    The forced addition of nothing (+="") is therefore enough to trigger the refresh.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn, understood.

My next trick will be to try to figure out how to change the theme colour slightly of the Blog to be the same as my theme. My change in Blogger did not do what was intended and gave the wrong colour scheme. I'll check the Blogger user forum.

@Gary, if you go into the other items on the menu, Market and Uranium, you'll see that I put to use the info that you posted about Google Sheets. Thanks for that. Google Sheets was a new learning experience for me.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Thanks Acorn, understood.

My next trick will be to try to figure out how to change the theme colour slightly of the Blog to be the same as my theme. My change in Blogger did not do what was intended and gave the wrong colour scheme. I'll check the Blogger user forum.

@Gary, if you go into the other items on the menu, Market and Uranium, you'll see that I put to use the info that you posted about Google Sheets. Thanks for that. Google Sheets was a new learning experience for me.
    Start with Themes and pick Customizer, you can enter the exact colour for the main theme and through advanced change any of the element colours:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Change_Blog_Theme_Colours and Element Colours through Adavanced.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	131937

Remember to SAVE - it's tucked away on the bottom right of the browser.

Good you found the Google Sheets demo useful

Gary

Gary,

The main color theme just gives one colour, that of the text background at the right of the darker colour. Changing it to my colour make the dark part black and the light part my colour. Instead, I went into HTML and changed the groups Body and Featured Post from 25a186 to 00b35b. I'll probably change the rest as well.

Now to change the lighter colour that matches this a bit better, or just leave it. From the Xara template, it looks like edede1 would be better.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)