Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: DP 19 upgrade problem

Yes browj2
    All of them are checked. I have unchecked them and rechecked them to no avail.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara menu.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	131921

Well, I submitted a support ticket a week ago, and no response. At this rate, my updated version will expire. I laugh when I read that the expired version is one reason it may not work. Uhm.. according to the product description, I paid for access to the content catalog.. even downloaded free templates which I have no access to now. Too bad I don't live in Australia, this would definitely be a breach of the service agreement. I could try logging in to XARA Cloud, I never did activate the 1-year free subscription, but that causes other issues with the desktop edition since they are not exactly the same version. It sucks because, without the Content Gallery, you don't have access to the widgets, navbars, and other tools for web design. (unless you code it yourself)

if it is any help: to finally get the content installer to work correctly I had to uninstall xdpx19, uninstall xdpx18, deactivate both in magix account; then delete the appda/local... 18 and 19 folders

then having downloaded xdpx 19 trial installer - install this and activate with [ver 18] key

then in help, download the content installer which installed content as version 19 [not sticking at 18 as it did before] - and it now works ok, without the occasional 504 error [so far ]

but I no longer have ver 18 on my desktop but I am fine with that
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Handrawn
    That is totally unacceptable from Magix. But I guess I'll have to go down the same road as there has been no response from them other than the fact that I've somehow paid for the upgrade plus a new standalone version. I've asked for a full refund until the issues are resolved.
    After all these years you'd think they would have at least the installer working properly.

ironically I make very little use of the OCC and at first did not see anything wrong with the uodate apart from getting the Deutsche installer; that now is fixed too

I use version 15.1 as much if not more, because of other issues

hope it works for you - be sure you know what you are deleting - I always clone system disk first just in case
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks mate
    Duly noted. Will advise of any developments from Magix. Don't hold your breath

We've reported issues with both the Online Content Catalog and upgrading to v19 to Magix. They've assured us that they are addressing any known issues. Please continue to submit support requests if the products persist.

If in the meantime you want to try all the newest features, then give Designer Pro+ a try. You can run it on the same machine as your existing Xara product. https://www.xara.com/xara-cloud-plus/new-bundle/

And don't forget it comes with a 50% discount lifetime discount so you lock in the great price even when this offer is over (which is coming soon).

�� New and exclusive features
    �� Frequent updates and bug fixes (10 releases in 2021 not including content)
    ��*�� Direct support from Xara (email and chat)
    �� Compatible with your existing files
    ☁️ Free use of Xara Cloud Pro

I honestly don't want to pay a subscription, that's why I chose the program. I was designing on Xara cloud when it was in beta and didn't know it when I had Xara page &layout designer. When the cloud was separated from the program, My design, had conversion issues with Java scripts, that never did get fixed till I upgraded to Xara designer pro X.

This worked for me, now to attach the stored templates and fonts that were installed.

Did the remove/reinstall. Content installer and Pan Studio installed. Now get the following error when opening Content Catalogue:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	contents.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	131958