Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    On Lake Couchiching near Orillia, Ontario

Default Issues migrating from Web Designer Premium 17

In a previous discussion, Acorn mentioned X Pro+/ X Cloud+. Is this an "offered" upgrade path from Designer Premium? What kind of learning curve should I expect to encounter? Can I use and edit my existing Xara-created webs after migrating to Cloud?

Newby questions, I know, but the knowledge could keep me from devoting time to a product that offers little advantage. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Issues migrating from Web Designer Premium 17

Designer Pro+ is essentially the same as Designer Pro X but with Cloud capabilities if you need them (or don't need them).

The learning curve for the desktop version is nil. Except that Pro+ has more new updates and new features.

I do not need the cloud offerings so I cannot comment on these, but is designed for collaboration so if you are working with a client you can both be on the same page (so to speak) online.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Designer Pro+ is essentially the same as Designer Pro X but with Cloud capabilities if you need them (or don't need them).

The learning curve for the desktop version is nil. Except that Pro+ has more new updates and new features.

I do not need the cloud offerings so I cannot comment on these, but is designed for collaboration so if you are working with a client you can both be on the same page (so to speak) online.
    Thanks, Gary. I'm not familiar with Designer Pro as I've only used various flavours of Web Designer. From other threads I have read these are quite similar programs to the user. Yes?

Windjamer, Xara Pro+ is the top of the tree. Xara Designer Pro X (XDPX) is Magix's version with marginally different features. Xara Web Designer Premium (XWDP) is a cut-down XDPX.

There is no financial direct path from XWDP to XPro+.
    XPro+ will handle all XWDP designs; its file extension is .XAR rather than .WEB - they are interchangeable.

Personally, I would upgrade to XDPX first, use it for a month and then transfer into XPro+.
    I think XPro+ still has a LIFETIME voucher that offers a 50% reduction to the subscription.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Windjamer, Xara Pro+ is the top of the tree. Xara Designer Pro X (XDPX) is Magix's version with marginally different features. Xara Web Designer Premium (XWDP) is a cut-down XDPX.

There is no financial direct path from XWDP to XPro+.
    XPro+ will handle all XWDP designs; its file extension is .XAR rather than .WEB - they are interchangeable.

Personally, I would upgrade to XDPX first, use it for a month and then transfer into XPro+.
    I think XPro+ still has a LIFETIME voucher that offers a 50% reduction to the subscription.

Acorn
    Thanks, Acorn! Much appreciated.