Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Race cars and stuff... OT

So the oldest is into car racing games, particularly country race track sort of stuff, and I had a go... so you can pick your cars, so I picked a cute little car called a Caterham, which is essentially a kit car one can build... the thing about this little race car is that it has only a 2.0 liter motor, the Ford Duratec... the motor evidently was a combined effort of Ford, Mazda, and Volvo... and it out preforms most any race car... the mind blowing part is that these little sweet motors are found in 2011 - Ford Focus, as well Fiestas. Who knew? Cheap on gas and fast as heck. lol
    Last edited by gidgit; 13 April 2022 at 02:53 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes... sorry :D

Default Re: Race cars and stuff... OT

Power to weight ratio.

These days they get as much as 300 hp from 3-cylinder 1.6L turbo engines, like on the new GR Corolla. 4-cylinder 2.0 L engine is still a big engine for small car.

sorry, on this one I am not with you james - a car is just a means of getting from A to B - I spend enough time going round in circles as it is...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I always liked the rotary motors Mazda used in their RX series.

Power to weight ratio is the exact answer indeed... similar to the difference between an 8hp outboard motor on a 12 ' aluminum boat, or a 9.9... just that little more oomph makes a surprising difference.

handrawn... lol

Yeah, those Mazda rotaries were something else... exceptional revs to be sure.

We get a kick out of Jeremy Clarkson, and his car series "Top Gear, as well The Grand Tour"... in fact his farm series was also a hoot!