Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ArtRage...

Default ArtRage...

I remember a bunch of us trying this app out when it was on version1... Just downloaded version6... Have discovered we need to sharpen our pencils... back to simple line art, minimalist, and work out from there. Should prove to be quite fun. Anybody else wanna get in on this, and show us some lovely work, or tips and tricks, by all means, jump aboard. I was inspired by a corel add on facebook... simple, yet detailed and brilliantly colored. We will start out with two color line art and work out from there. See how it goes

Default Re: ArtRage...

good idea James.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Yup... long over due...

Question... if you had a choice between the Goamon pd 1161 tablet, and or the Panasonic ToughPad FG-Z1 Tablet PC, Which would any pick? The differences that I can tell beyond dpi sensitivity, of which after 4096 it really does not matter to us lol, but on track here is the two things to consider... one being that the pad has a a battery free stylus, while the tablet has a corded stylus . Perhaps simply a Wacom? Thoughts?
    Last edited by gidgit; 12 April 2022 at 12:29 AM.

I have always liked Panasonic products so Just on the name alone I would pick
    Panasonic.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Yaeh! The good ole ArtRage. I had used it sometimes for Illustrations for Book-Covers.
    My last ArtRage work is from 2020 and was jaust for fun to testing my new Grafik-Tablet, a Huion 60,- $ Wacom clone.
    Surprisingly it works better then my Wacom.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (6).jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	131901

Hi Wiz... Yeah, I think it is the way we are leaning to... The pads all need to be linked to a computer, and this little thing is just that. Thanks for the input, much appreciated.

Hi ernie-f... that is a wonderful drawing... Oh my... keep posting lol.

I've used wacom since 2003, never ever had an issue with them; currently have cintiq pro 24, probably not what you need...

what I will say is a battery-free cordless stylus is the only way to go; anything else sooner or later becomes a pain

I'm assuming you are looking at tablet computers so with wacom that is the mobilestudio pro...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi handrawn... yeah, we had a Wacom Intous back in around the same time period... about when when we were running a 667 celeron rig... your uptown lol... I agree with the battery/cord free stylus to be sure... I was looking at the tablet computer as a remote devise I could take into the tub with me, or outside on the deck or garden, etc. given that it has usb, the pad might be a welcome addition. hmmm.

James, taking it in rhe tub doesn't sound like a good idea to me.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

My laptop is an HP, lighted keyboard,wireless stylus and can double as graphics tablet, I like it better than my Wacom.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509