Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Let's hear it for the Artbrush!

I’ve never thought of using it this way. The far left image has been made into an Artbrush, then the line changed with the Shape tool.

Whilst the results are not perfect, it sparked some characterful ideas that I might otherwise not have thought of.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	artbrush.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	131885
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Default Re: Let's hear it for the Artbrush!

I never thought much of the art brush until Acorn suggested it might come in handy for my stereograms.

And the ability to blend along a path smoothly has been tremendously helpful. But as you point out, the solution is not perfect.

To create this infinity symbol for a depth image, I had to break the 8 shape into two parts shown on the top image. The green and the magenta lines are the lines without the brush applied.

This enabled me to get the over and under effect. But the ends of the lines were not right.

So I created a path to cover the gaps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	over and under.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	131888  

Thanks for the info Gary.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonopen View Post
    I’ve never thought of using it this way. The far left image has been made into an Artbrush, then the line changed with the Shape tool.

Whilst the results are not perfect, it sparked some characterful ideas that I might otherwise not have thought of.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	artbrush.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	131885

Excellent idea Jono.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Jon, also remember if the Line is not too complex when you Convert Line to Shape you have editable shapes and not a Bitmap so you can tweak further.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat