Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Where is the XDPX update of March 21

Has anyone received the update that was announced by Kate on April 6 stating that there was an update to Photo & Graphic Designer, Web Designer Premium and Designer Pro X?

The message is dated April 6 but indicates an update of March 21, 2022.

When I check for updates, the update screen that comes up either freezes or indicates that there is no update. My update service is valid till next years.

My current version is 19.0.0.63929 DL x64 Mar 3 2022.

Thanks,
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Default Re: Where is the XDPX update of March 21

Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post
    Has anyone received the update that was announced by Kate on April 6 stating that there was an update to Photo & Graphic Designer, Web Designer Premium and Designer Pro X?

The message is dated April 6 but indicates an update of March 21, 2022.

When I check for updates, the update screen that comes up either freezes or indicates that there is no update. My update service is valid till next years.

My current version is 19.0.0.63929 DL x64 Mar 3 2022.

Thanks,
    John, no further update AFAIK; as I remember there has always been a time-lag between the date stamp on the release from Xara and the actual release from Magix (two weeks plus or so). The ongoing issues have been the Magix installer, not v19 per sa.

I know there were some issues with the latest Magix updates but I believe they concerned server issues. I fortunately had no problems and was able to install XDP 19 without any hiccups on March 15.
    The confusion now whether or not there was yet another recent update or patch has to do with Xara not posting anything about the update until April 6. I too was fooled by the Xara message.

There were rumours of a patch to fix the server problems (or was that to be done on the server?) and that was what I was expecting. Also, the dates do not concur. My version is dated March 3, the one indicated by Kate is for March 21. I think that something has gone awry.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Yes, I also have March 3 as the version date but I installed in on March 15. Just to be sure, the version number is 19.0.0.63929 and that seems to be the latest.

Same version for me.

FWIW > response direct from Magix Support 30th March (after I ran a trace on the update process for Magix):

Dear Gary,

Thank you very much for the view log as well as for the screenshots.

After discussing the issue with the Development Team we now believe there might be an issue with one of our backend webservers. These will be migrated to a new datacentre next week, so we hope to see some progress here.

Please bear with me if you can and I will come back to you as soon as I have any news.

Also, should you experience any difference on your end (it might still take some time even after the servers get migrated) I will be very grateful to hear from you.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

MAGIX Software GmbH
    This is essentially the same information posted by Xara M365 that I referenced here: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...e-XDP-19/page5. We have the CURRENT release; if it transpires a further point-release is required then hopefully there will be better communication to all.

Info Re: Where is the XDPX update of March 22

ASIDE
    Sorry to see this is still hanging around.

My only contribution is that it is the March 22 version and not March 21 that is the current issue.

I have change the date in this Post and hopefully newer Posts will align.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Where is the XDPX update of March 22

Hi Acorn,

Here is what I am referring to.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara forum update 21 Mar 22.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	131877

Since the message was posted this week, I'm assuming that 21 Mar 22 means March 21, 2022, and not March 22, 2021. Unless, of course, I'm in the wrong year, which, at my age, is a distinct possibility.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

John, Kate Moir will be using dd mmmm yy so it will be March 21st.
    Xara has a build version and date. Magix takes as much as a fortnight to release so perhaps there is a patch version v19.1 still due.

There could have been a content release.
    I doubt the Magix servers problem would result in a new version.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Funnily enough, I downloaded the XP&GD from the website and activated it with my current update service.

My version says 9.0.0.63990 DL x64 Mar 11 2022.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2022.04.08_15h03m19s_001_.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	131878  
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.