Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: PDF import behaving strangely

@ The Alien, please let us know if Xara can fix this for you as I had the same PDF export problem on Designer Pro 12 and never did get it sorted.
    All my customers send me PDFs and I have to send them back as PDFs so it was something I couldn't use XARA without.
    I stopped using Designer Pro from then onwards because of it, but maybe could be coaxed back if it is fixable (to UK Xara, not Magix).

Quote Originally Posted by Dahzee View Post
    @ The Alien, please let us know if Xara can fix this for you as I had the same PDF export problem on Designer Pro 12 and never did get it sorted.
    All my customers send me PDFs and I have to send them back as PDFs so it was something I couldn't use XARA without.
    I stopped using Designer Pro from then onwards because of it, but maybe could be coaxed back if it is fixable (to UK Xara, not Magix).
    Please give Designer Pro+ a try for PDF Editing. The issue in this thread is very isolated and appears to be an install issue and not a PDF Editing issue. Many in this thread have expressed tremendous success with Xara PDF Editor, both in Pro+ desktop (and in Xara Cloud).
    https://www.xara.com/xara-cloud-plus/new-bundle/

@MB365,
    Thanks for the reply.
    It wasn't the editing I was having a problem with, it was the inability to export as PDF.
    Please see the attached.
    But you are right I should give the new version a trial, especially as you are now back in charge of part of the program :-)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-04-14 132446.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	131911

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    Have you tried installing an old version of Xara and seeing if that works. Based on what you are describing I don't think it will make a change unless it fixes something in the registry.

Download Libreoffice and install, there is no charge you can make a donation if you want. In Writer you can import PDF and check and see if that works. The link is:
    https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/

I think that if Libreoffice works then you are going to have to have a program that can do a deep uninstall of Xara. When you do a regular uninstall it does not get all of the settings in the registry so you would need a program that does this. You probably have some setting that is corrupted and will not reset during reinstall unless it is fully removed. I have had this happen before with other programs. I have not had to do this in a number of years so I can't recommend a program now that does this type of work.

Ray
    Thanks for the suggestion. I've already tried importing PDF files into MS Word and it works fine. So it must be an issue with DPX.
    And yeah, a thorough/manual uninstall and reinstall could fix it. I'll see if I can find any programs that do this. I was already thinking in that direction by searching my registry for any entries containing "Xara". There are countless of them...
    A fresh OS install is unfortunately not an option for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MB365 View Post
    @ The Alien. Even though this is a Magix installer, let us see if we can help. Please contact us at https://www.xara.com/contact-us/
    Thanks, I'll do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahzee View Post
    No problem. I'll keep this thread updated.