Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Importing new brushes

Hi, I have been a Xara user for many years and have upgraded each and every time but I now have an issue with brushes. Over the years from the time I started with Xara 4 I downloaded many brushes direct from the website with no issues. I have tons of very nice brushes that I use quite often but can't figure out how to import them to designer pro x19. On older versions of the app I just simply gone back to the file that contained all the brushes then copied them and opened the new version and went to template then to brushes and then simply pasted the brushes and they would automatically appear when I opened the program. It seems that I can't do this anymore. Is there a workaround that I can follow to add all these brushes to my brush file?

Default Re: Importing new brushes

I must admit that I don't use brushes that often anymore so I don't quite remember any specific workflow, other than using the Local Design Gallery. In it, I included a folder with assorted brushes I downloaded or created at the time. Dragging & dropping needed brushes into a file adds them to the brushes cache where they stay as long as the file is open in XDP. I do remember not wanting to have too many brushes in the brushes cache because it could seriously slow down the app.

I just checked and this still works in XDP 19

you no longer put them there [in the program directory] manny

you put them in:

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Xara\XtremePro \19\Templates\ENG\Brushes

this is because current practice is not to allow user created items to be active in the program directory; or to put it another way, if you screw it up you do not screw up the program

just to make it interesting AppData is a hidden file so you will need to type it in manually
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

With the caveat that adding too many brushes in that folder might negatively affect the app's performance.

yes, that is indeed so, and always was
    Nothing lasts forever...

did you get it sorted ?
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks for the advice, and you are right. It really slows down the apps and it is just as easy just to import them for a specific use and let them go back to sleep. Thanks again. My issue is fully resolved

thanks, glad it's sorted

like boy I don't use xara brushes much these days; I still have a couple of art brushes on a hidden layer in my default template so they always appear if I need them
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    Thanks for the advice, and you are right. It really slows down the apps and it is just as easy just to import them for a specific use and let them go back to sleep. Thanks again. My issue is fully resolved
    Good to hear this works for you too, Manny.