Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Website creation apps?

Looking to create a website, haven't done so in so many years, and am somewhat confused by all the options these days... Old in the mind, and fugly lol... So far I have ordered Xara Web Designer, and as well the old yet ever trusty Micrografx Webtricty... any further suggestions please?

Default Re: Website creation apps?

Good luck I know nothing about web destgn I keep thinking I would like to do one but my brain anbd age say otherwise.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

For Xara, I would take a look at the various options https://www.xara.com/eu/products/. You can compare Web Designer with Web Designer Premium here: https://www.xara.com/eu/web-designer/compare/. For me, the minimum spec would be Web Designer Premium 19 which is licensed through Magix. If you have an earlier version, you will have a Magix account and could take out the 12 month upgrade service to get the latest version. All signing and dancing comes with Xara Pro + on a subscription basis, or Pro X19 which broadly tracks Pro+ with a delayed timescale of up to 6 months.

Depends on what your objectives are: you could of course look at WordPress, WIX, Squarespace, but I find Xara the easiest to work with.

Gary

Hi Gary... yes we decided to go with Xara Web Designer Premium, and I must say I am very much enjoying the decision.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	parkrules.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	125.3 KB 
ID:	131870 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	templatingxara.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	131871
    Last edited by gidgit; 05 April 2022 at 07:43 PM.

James,

I was under the impression that you owned Xara Designer Pro. Is that not the case?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Xara Web Designer Premium... does most everything one could ask for, with regards to a simple straight forward web site... still have to figure out the permissions part of it all... it seems to be more of a CMS situation... this said, the content has to be created somewhere first. I am finding this app as a very valuable tool, although I did recognize that my spelling, and or typing has to improve some lol... I actually take advantage of many apps to get things done... for example, the cropped and saved pics are done with Photo Impact... and any modeling and or rendering tasks are done in Wings3D and Carrara respectively. I tried Xara3D out while doing a text challenge here at TG, and that was fun... but with Xara Web Designer Premium, we are more than satisfied. We are a retired construction guy, with still a PT/FT job, and we use tools of many brands to achieve the results we are after. To us, the right tool for the job, and workflow off of a plan is everything. That's why we buy them tools lol. In our mind, Xara Web Designer is totally worth the money spent for such. Cheers

Hi, you can find a lot of useful applications for web design. As colleagues above mentioned you can use Xara Web Designer or most popular Adobe CSS. It's what I use the most.

Quote Originally Posted by rkeyes View Post
    Hi, you can find a lot of useful applications for web design. As colleagues above mentioned you can use Xara Web Designer or most popular Adobe CSS. It's what I use the most.
    Welcome to Talkgraphics.

This Forum is for non-Xara products.

I get easily confused. You mentioned XWD yet own Xara Designer Pro. Which are you advocating for website creation?
    I would never suggest Xara Web Designer as it is so limited. I hope that you mean Xara Web Designer Premium.

Last clarification. Is there such a product as Adobe CSS? I know of CC.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat