Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Being asked to register software (again and again)?

Using Xara Designer Pro 11 for some time. Recently (2 weeks ago) it asked me to remove one of my 2 registered devices again (I only have one). So I did even though I am supposed to be able to use this on 2 PCs. Anyone else having this problem?

Default Re: Being asked to register software (again and again)?

Quote Originally Posted by jimhanus View Post
    Using Xara Designer Pro 11 for some time. Recently (2 weeks ago) it asked me to remove one of my 2 registered devices again (I only have one). So I did even though I am supposed to be able to use this on 2 PCs. Anyone else having this problem?
    You could use your Magix Logon, go to My Products and check which devices are activated - it is very clear you can have two devices at any one time; one of the activations should correspond to the PC you are using. If it doesn't you will need to register it when the program opens.

If you have a second old device still activated, you can simply deactivate it. Each time you open Xara, it posts the activation date to your account.

In may case I don't use Pro X11, nor do I have it installed, so there there are no activations; by contrast I have Pro X18.5. and Pro X19 installed on two devices - when I use either one of them it posts the activation date back to my account against the device I have used.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara Pro X11.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	131853 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Magix 365 Program.png 
Views:	45 
Size:	186.7 KB 
ID:	131856

If for some reason your installation behaves differently, you would need to raise a support ticket with Magix.

Gary

Here is a screenshot, you can see the 2 PC's are the same one, and you can also see that I am allowed to have 2 devices. I am hesitant to deactivate the wrong one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	magix3.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	104.3 KB 
ID:	131860

I expect Magix is not expecting to see the same device twice; maybe a slightly obscure message that you have too many activations, but that is probably what is meant by the message.

What you could do is to logon to Xara, then check back to My Products and see which activation has the date updated; delete the other one. I am assuming that you only have one installation of Pro x11.

I just got this response from Magix: The Unlockslot for your program has been reset as requested. You can reset your unlockslots once a month directly in the service centre under 'My Products'. They reactivated one of the 2 listed so I removed the second one and we are OK again. Thanks.