Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Turn off SmarrtShapes?

Help! How do I stop Xara from turning all my simple background graphics into SmartShapes? The SmartShapes function may be helpful for some people but not for the simple memes I make. I know I can hit the Show Rotation Center button but that only works for the next shape I want to change so I have to hit that every single time I want to squeeze or stretch a background into the size I need. I want to just turn it off. Help...

Default Re: Turn off SmarrtShapes?

Neptune, another click on the graphic toggles the controls between Smart mode and Selector mode.
    You can look back in TG for the Registry setting to revert to the older black controls.

I don't mind either but I am used the the new controls now.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

SmartShapes

SmartShapes are a way enhanced functionality can be added to Designer Pro. SmartShapes are plug-ins. Each SmartShape incorporates its own editing controls, usually in the form of small handles you drag to adjust the shape.
    Find SmartShapes throughout the Online Content Catalog and under the Insert menu. For example choose "Insert" > "Shape" from the main menu to choose from a selection of simple SmartShapes.
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/@MSITSt...CHM::/3340.png Or with the QuickShape tool selected, click on the Insert button on the InfoBar.
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/@MSITSt...CHM::/8262.png
    Simple SmartShapes
    Although there are simple SmartShapes that are just a single shape, the underlying SmartShape architecture supports much more complex examples, including charts, percentage rings, photo grids, text panels and charts which can all be customized.
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/@MSITSt...CHM::/8770.png
    Chart and photo grid SmartShapes
    See the topic Photo Grids in the Photo Handling section for more detail on editing the Photo Grid smartshapes.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Larry, Netpune and I are talking about the default controls Xara applies to an image, not a SmartShape.
    Your detailed Response is nonetheless useful but you cannot use CHM links as these are for IE and specific to a particular installation (the @MSITStore bit just crashes the Link as it is to a local filestore).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn, I tried but, my interpretation was different I guess.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.