Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Problems registering Xara 19

Hello all,

I have not been here for a long time, although I have had sorrow products for many years, since version 4 I think. I just purchased an upgrade to Xara Pro 19, and I downloaded the installation file. I received a confirmation email with the download links and the license numbers. However, the license numbers do not seem to work. I tried pasting it in without the "P" and also without dashes. I tried many other variations. I'm quite sure that I copy and pasted it correctly from the email, as I tried this several times.

I tried to at least started in the trial mode, but it would not even let me do that.

I poked around the website trying to find a way of sending them an email or contacting them, and I got no joy.

Please help me.

Regards,
    Alan

Default Re: Problems registering Xara 19

Hi Alan

which version are you upgrading from and, when you say 'it does not seem to work', what error messages if any are you getting ?

to get help for pro 19 you need to contact magix support on their site
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by alanstancliff View Post
    Hello all,

I have not been here for a long time, although I have had sorrow products for many years, since version 4 I think. I just purchased an upgrade to Xara Pro 19, and I downloaded the installation file. I received a confirmation email with the download links and the license numbers. However, the license numbers do not seem to work. I tried pasting it in without the "P" and also without dashes. I tried many other variations. I'm quite sure that I copy and pasted it correctly from the email, as I tried this several times.

I tried to at least started in the trial mode, but it would not even let me do that.

I poked around the website trying to find a way of sending them an email or contacting them, and I got no joy.

Please help me.

Regards,
    Alan
    Alan,

Try entering your licence number manually - I had a similar problem with Pro X19 and when I entered the licence MANUALLY it worked. Unfortunately, there can be some quirks/errors with the installer. You could also try email: premiumsupport@magix.net

Gary

Not sure Alan maybe try re-downloading the program and/or run as Administrator just once and see if that helps or shut down and restart your computer
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thank you to everyone for your replies.

I figured out what was going on. I got that email from Magix, and it had license numbers of several included programs, which I did not bother with. Apparently, I was accidentally copying the wrong number. Duh!

It's like that old saying goes, "almost ain't good enough except in horseshoes and hand grenades!"

One thing I noticed about the new version is that the typeface on the menus are much smaller and more difficult for my eyes to see. I also noticed that the menu seemed quite reduced. I would like to be able to get back the old style menus if possible. If it's okay to piggyback this question in this thread, I'd like of somebody could give me some hints about that.

Regards,
    Alan

do you have a 2k or 4K resolution monitor - if so this new version may be taking advatage of that by displaying at the native resolution [HDPI - High dpi support] which came at version 18 as I recall

the straight forward way to fix that is to use windows scaling, but that will affect other programs as well - right click desktop, click display settings, scroll to scale and layout: change the size of text apps and other items - you will probably need to restart for this to take full effect
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I have not been here for a long time, although I have had sorrow products for many years,
    Hi Alan!
    What's a sorrow product?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host