Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default WebDesigner Premium 19 different page background HELP

I am a newbie with this software, so this may be a simple answer, I hope. I am creating a new website and would like to have a different page and pasteboard background for each page, but when I modify one page it changes all of them. I can lock the other pages but it still happens and I have not figured out how to disable the global page changes. HELP PLEASE!!!!!! Driving me nuts trying to figure this out. Thank you

Default Re: WebDesigner Premium 19 different page background HELP

I am guessing here but maybe you need to untick 'all pages in document the same'

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2022-03-30 17_52_53-Xara Designer Pro X - [Untitled1].png 
Views:	39 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	131830
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I am guessing here but maybe you need to untick 'all pages in document the same'

Name:	2022-03-30 17_52_53-Xara Designer Pro X - [Untitled1].png 
Views:	39 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	131830
    That would be the first step, though by default it is not ticked. The second step is to unlock each page and pasteboard layer, change the design as required and lock them thereafter.

Name:	Different Page and Pasteboard Backgrounds.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	131831

Alternatively, for a simple colour change, with the Mouse over the pasteboard layer or on the page, right click Edit Pasteboard Background or Page Background respectively > Edit colour.

Gary

have to say gary - it's ticked by default in my designer pro 19
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    That would be the first step, though by default it is not ticked. The second step is to unlock each page and pasteboard layer, change the design as required and lock them thereafter.

Name:	Different Page and Pasteboard Backgrounds.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	131831

Alternatively, for a simple colour change, with the Mouse over the pasteboard layer or on the page, right click Edit Pasteboard Background or Page Background respectively > Edit colour.

Gary
    Under options Page size I do not have the same screen as you. My page size says custom with 1920px by 1080px. There is no other selection. I have the home page with a background from Xara, and I have it locked on the first page but it appears on all other pages. When I change it to another picture on another page it ends up changing them all. Something globally is set.

I am running WebDesigner Premium 19.

Thanks for the thoughts but they don't fix this problem

bottom of the tab - 'document' is where the option I mentioned is - do you not see this ?

[not page and layer gallery]
    Nothing lasts forever...

You guys GOT IT, thanks. In WebDesigner Premium 19 there is an option to have all the pages the same size and that was checked. I unchecked that and now I can have different page and pasteboard backgrounds. Don't know why the page size option affected that but I can now change them independently. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Just to add to things.

Here's my Page Options sscreenshot which differs from handrawn's.

I'm on the latest Web Designer Premium 19

Name:	Screenshot 2022-03-30 190458.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	131832

I can easily drag and drop page background colours from the bottom palette and pasteboard colours and make each page independently different.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlegiantrme View Post
    You guys GOT IT, thanks. In WebDesigner Premium 19 there is an option to have all the pages the same size and that was checked. I unchecked that and now I can have different page and pasteboard backgrounds. Don't know why the page size option affected that but I can now change them independently. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
    great

@ukdalek
    - yep that is always possible; I don't have the web only programs and they do differ...
    Nothing lasts forever...

Do remember that a Supersite/Scroll website will allow different backgrounds but only shows the one on the first page. Page Preview will show that page background correctly but it fails on Website Preview.
    This is because all the pages are DIVs in the one HTML file and there is only one background setting to a file. I think this a a feature that needs Xara to correct.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat