Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Lightbulb Wrangling with Theme Colours

Xara half-delivered the Photo Tool > Palette from Photo feature in version 16.
    https://helpandsupport.xara.com/xara...rom_photo.html.

Half-delivered as when you press Shift+P to a selected Photo, it creates or updates Theme Colors T1 to T5, shades for only T1 to T3 and Text & Contrasting Text colours.

Xara then failed to explain how these can be transported around without the need to keep the photo.
    Any file with the phrase themecolorscheme is a normal XAR file. If you, however, drag and drop it onto your design its Theme Colours will overwrite your current colours.
    This is one such file: Acornthemecolorscheme.xar. It is only 50kB in size. Drop onto a blank design and check the Colour Bar.

I used this file to generate the themecolorscheme file: Acorn - ThemeColourPicker.xar. I optimised the image and the palette did not appear to be affected.

It beats building your own.

An extension I would appreciate is being able to control down to a page and across variants - another day.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 26 March 2022 at 04:30 PM. Reason: My connection dropped and I lost the upload of the first attachment - now corrected. Some Theme Colours had the wrong settings - now corrected
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Red face Re: Wrangling with Theme Colours

When playing a bit more I found the setting of a few blobs were wrong.

You should delete the old ones and redownload.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Wrangling with Theme Colours

Very handy. Thanks @acorn. You the Man!
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.