Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Problem Updating Web Designer Premium from 18 to 19

Anyone else had this? I chose to install into a new folder and kept 18 safe.

Closing the dialogue box goes into the prog but I don't want to open any .web files until I get this sorted prog loading error at least.

The installation process all seemed to go fine 200MB.

18 still works fine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MAGIXXipVsOB0iFmOaUBD.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	274.1 KB 
ID:	131780

Default Re: Problem Updating Web Designer Premium from 18 to 19

Hi ukDalek, RTFfilter.dll is a very common dll, I've got them going back to Xara Xtreme Pro (2007) so it shouldn't be causing an error. Have you tried re-installing it?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Uninstalled. Reinstalled. Same thing.
    Last edited by ukDalek; 22 March 2022 at 09:59 PM.

It's flagging a DLL, so probably not registered. On install all DLLs should automatically register, some don't.

Try the tried and trusted 'Run As Administrator' (right-click the Xara shortcut). You should only need to do this once.

Thanks Chris,

Tried that to no avail unfortunately. Repeated attempts as 'run as admin'. Even though dismissing the dll seems to work on the surface, when you have your site depending on it you don't want to risk potential 'exceptions' dialogues unexpectedly. I don't buy software to keep saving every five minutes in case it topples over.

I think, looking at the probs others are having with this and the Pro X update it's going to take a modification at their end with another newer update. Looking at another 'forum' a good number appear to be having this same issue. My only relief is that I cautiously updated to a fresh folder (like always have historically) so that I still have 18.5 working as fallback for now.

My disappointment is that Xara/Magix seem to use their faithful 'buyers/users' as beta testers even when they go to a 'new number' update which are minor changes anyway.

It wouldn't be so bad if they were easily contactable and had a pro-active attitude. Maybe they have too many products on the go and spread their paint too thinly.

Best wishes,
    Ian
    Last edited by ukDalek; 23 March 2022 at 02:03 AM.

Could it be you need to you need to disable the program BEFORE installing and registering, just guessing here.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I'll add my guess here too. You might try uninstalling 18, and then deleting all files in the folder that are left after the uninstall, and try a clean install.

Back up the entire WD 18 folder before you uninstall in case this does not solve the problem.

Hi,

There seems to be some problems with this as others have complained on the Magix.info forum. I suggest raising a ticket with Magix.

https://www.magix.info/us/forum/web-...r-18--1296639/

https://www.magix.info/us/forum/rtff...mage--1296525/

You may want to contribute to the second thread.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Thanks to all for replies. Much appreciated.

As browj2 says, others are having the same issue. I've decided to resist changing anything with 18.5 in case things get messed up and I spend hours getting back to where I am.

I'll keep an eye on here and the other forum to see how things progress. It does seem to be a common problem so hopefully they will fix it sooner rather than later.

Support ticket submitted to Magix. I'll put progress in this thread for anyone else searching for this.