Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Email Only Hosting

Hi All

Can anybody please point me in the right direction for hosting emails with a competitive price. Reason being I have my site hosted via a third party, but cant contact that person.

My site is hosted on 1&1 but doesn't have a ssl & i cant get access to my emails, as I think there is a master password.

It would appear that if I want more than 1 email address that prices are loaded for this option.

I have two trains of thought:

1. I buy a new domain & upload my site to that with the benefit of ssl & email.

2. I leave my site hosted with 1&1 & have a slightly different email address ie: dave@davoraproprty.info plus as at least one more ie enquire@davorapropery.info

I have checked & the domain name above is available, I have looked at 1&1 & they are reasonable price wise for a 1 year deal, but the basic package is only one email address, I could get away with one but would prefer two dedicated email addresses.

All thoughts & suggestions appreciated.

Thanks for all the suggestions & help with my past queries by the great people who responded.

Kind Regards

Dave

Default Re: Email Only Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by Davora View Post
    Hi All

Can anybody please point me in the right direction for hosting emails with a competitive price. Reason being I have my site hosted via a third party, but cant contact that person.

My site is hosted on 1&1 but doesn't have a ssl & i cant get access to my emails, as I think there is a master password.

It would appear that if I want more than 1 email address that prices are loaded for this option.

I have two trains of thought:

1. I buy a new domain & upload my site to that with the benefit of ssl & email.

2. I leave my site hosted with 1&1 & have a slightly different email address ie: dave@davoraproprty.info plus as at least one more ie enquire@davorapropery.info

I have checked & the domain name above is available, I have looked at 1&1 & they are reasonable price wise for a 1 year deal, but the basic package is only one email address, I could get away with one but would prefer two dedicated email addresses.

All thoughts & suggestions appreciated.

Thanks for all the suggestions & help with my past queries by the great people who responded.

Kind Regards

Dave
    Dave,

I would first contact IONOS (formerly 1&1), provide your domain name (guessing it might be http://www.davora.eu); explain the issues and see what their response is.

They will have the third-party contact details, as the third party will be paying them for hosting this domain, or your domain if a different one.

You could get IONOS to make contact for you, if they cannot provide you with the name directly. You could also ask them to assist you with setting up a new account and transferring the domain to yourself.

In the IONOS ‘Essential Package’ you do now only get one email account (but for £4 per month it’s a good hosting package and provides an SSL certificate). The third party could upload the current site to your account and (hopefully) provide you with the Xara design file.

From my experience with IONOS, they should be able to help you.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    Dave,

I would first contact IONOS (formerly 1&1), provide your domain name (guessing it might be http://www.davora.eu); explain the issues and see what their response is.

They will have the third-party contact details, as the third party will be paying them for hosting this domain, or your domain if a different one.

You could get IONOS to make contact for you, if they cannot provide you with the name directly. You could also ask them to assist you with setting up a new account and transferring the domain to yourself.

In the IONOS ‘Essential Package’ you do now only get one email account (but for £4 per month it’s a good hosting package and provides an SSL certificate). The third party could upload the current site to your account and (hopefully) provide you with the Xara design file.

From my experience with IONOS, they should be able to help you.

Gary
    Hi Gary

Thanks for that.

Kind Regards

Dave

I left hefty price tag of godaddy for email and adopted ZOHO mail. My domain resides with Godaddy, hosting with Xara and email with Zoho. https://www.zoho.com/mail/

Thanks Behzad

My pleasure.

Hi I decided to register a new domain with IONOS & use that for emails.
    Cheers
    Dave