Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Update not working...

@TKI

Tim,

I went for more than 2 years without renewing until recently. There was nothing that I needed until I got a new computer and installed the second to last version that I had - I wanted the same version on my 2 computers and the features that had come out over the last 2-3 years. I had also downloaded everything, so I was fine there.

Right now, version 19 is out and is new. Other than a patch or two, there will most likely be nothing new for 6 months. When you renew, nothing really happens unless there is a new version or new features released (and you get access to the on-line catalogue that you should have already downloaded). If version 20 comes out in a year, you can get it if you have renewed or if you renew at that time. You will, of course, be nagged. I suggest that you wait and watch.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Thanks for this and the other content on the matter I have read folks.

I am a hobbyist and do not plan to upgrade.

Feeling a bit silly now for paying for the previous Magix update.

I have also just installed a second licenced version onto my laptop and have updated to the latest version 19 on my desktop.

A prompt came up on the laptop about deactivating one computer once per month and I have deactivated the laptop version for now.

Also got a message from Magix saying I should call them about having too many activations but I disregarded that for now as the laptop version is now deactivated.

My desktop computer now has two versions listed with Icons for each, one being for 18 (18.5?) plus the most recent version 19 added today.

Should I be rid of one of those two versions on my desktop computer as maybe that appears that I have two versions on my desktop and one registered on my laptop?

Thanks for help.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TKI View Post
    My desktop computer now has two versions listed with Icons for each, one being for 18 (18.5?) plus the most recent version 19 added today.
    Should I be rid of one of those two versions on my desktop computer as maybe that appears that I have two versions on my desktop and one registered on my laptop?
    Thanks for help. Tim
    Tim, in my experience, what you are assuming is correct. Make sure you de-activate and not just uninstall.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat