Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: A pure Xara Blog

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    THAT is darn good stuff. Thanks @acorn.
    Since a few of us, women and men are getting a little long in the tooth …

1. Acorn, it’s time to write a book. Do it! Every tip. Everything you know. Do a start up and watch for donations. I’ll contribute.
    2. @gwpriester … Already has some books. How about writing an update. I remember your Corel manuals. I bought Corel because it was Canadian.

I’m forgetting @egg and @initostar. A few are retired (me) and I do things for free.

Thanks everyone for all you do!
    By no means should we forget Egg, initostar, and Gary P, in particular Egg has has helped me more then he will ever know
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I love you all. Now thinking of retiring but will hangout here at times. We will see. My current clients are devastated with me stopping work for them. No one knows what tomorrow brings. Look at the world situation, Ukraine and covid before that, God help us...An alien invasion?

You will be missed around here behzad.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    By no means should we forget Egg, initostar, and Gary P, in particular Egg has has helped me more then he will ever know
    You bet Larry. This winter I was having trouble with logos on backgrounds and @egg actually did a video for me. I was so impressed.
    @initostar has helped me with video headers. Great board, great program.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

I have finished designing xBlog for now.

I have corrected the DateTime Stamp.
    I have added a mechanism for switching Desktop to Mobile (solo) mode. Solo mode works best on a SmartPhone.

I have just finished an HTML <table> listing for adding Blog details so they can be searched easily.
    Again, the principle of having a hands-off approach to the main website has been achieved as the bloglist.htm file is a standalone <table. with search and filtering included.
    It is published to the same location as the main website but separately. I added it into the main website as a Placeholder in a new Search page.
    Its links open the found Blog in Desktop view.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I absolutely agree with all that has been said about writing a book and about the value of the contributions made by Acorn, @gwpriester, @egg and @initostar and others. I have used Web Designer for many years but always seem to get stuck on the same things. To give any tips at all on how you would set up the design of a simple website from scratch without being caught out by not having correctly set up styles/colours etc would be so good. I have looked at the official documentation, but the parts about web stuff in it are too brief; I have looked at the official videos and they are too slow and don't fit the way I would work. I pick a lovely template from the library, full of excitement and hope - but by the time I have finished with it, it looks like a dog's dinner. I think if someone has previously used the other Graphics products in Xara before they used the Web designer, they would stand a better chance of mastering it. I do think this is an incredible product though.

To wizard509Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mochi-peachcat-mochi.gif 
Views:	53 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	131765

I want to get started as soon as I have some time to dive into it.

@acorn.
    Just a clarification. Is the blog component an item that the client can change? Or is this a component that the designer is changing.

Sometimes a blog is just a page with updates for products etc, whilst other pages remain the same. More of a convenience. Thanks for your hard work on this one.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Bill, the blog component is a Xara Template that the blogger has access to.

If the blogger wants to change it then they keep the page size the same and change everything else.

Changing the page size impacts the main site so the designer would have to be advised.

The blogger is publishing a set of Xara single page web pages.
    All they have to worry about is the naming of the page conforms to the numbering that I advised.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat