Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Is it possible to do "multi-page printing" of large posters in XDP?

2x3 or 1x6?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

2x3 or 1x6?
    there is also 3x2 of course... all different aspects

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	six A3.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	9.8 KB 
ID:	131762
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Answer: What Handrawn suggests: 3 wide by 2 tall.

If you can't do it in Xara properly, try https://rasterbator.net
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I believe in using the best tool for the job..xara is not the best tool for this; PDF is the way to go I am sure
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    You need a poster printing utility for that, such as GD Software's Easy Poster Printer, also available at the Microsoft Store.
    This appears to be what you need.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    If you can't do it in Xara properly, try https://rasterbator.net
    Unfortunately rasterbator.net can't cope with vector data. Instead it requires JPG, GIF or PNG, which unless all else fails, feels like the wrong way to go.

Easy Poster Printer has the same problem. I did experiment with Easy Poster Printer, but as soon as I turn it into a raster (JPG, GIF, PNG) you don't know what physical size it is in DPI - only how many pixels it has...

> I believe in using the best tool for the job..xara is not the best tool for this; PDF is the way to go I am sure
    Yes, I have been experimenting with PDF files and printing from AdobeAcrobat, which does have a "Poster"option.
    This does work up to a point, although it is rather wasteful of my precious A3 paper because as soon as I tick "Cut marks" it immediately creates 4x2 pages, rather than 3x2 which is all that is actually required.
    Last edited by shiphen; 20 March 2022 at 06:58 PM.

I am probably still missing something here, but...

...maybe you need something simpler than I first thought and this is being over-thought

can you not slice your poster image into six and place each slice on its own page, oriented so that they are postioned correctly for reassembly once printed out [which in principle is what rasterbator does ?]

or are you actually wanting something more complicated ?
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I am probably still missing something here, but...

...maybe you need something simpler than I first thought and this is being over-thought

can you not slice your poster image into six and place each slice on its own page, oriented so that they are postioned correctly for reassembly once printed out [which in principle is what rasterbator does ?]

or are you actually wanting something more complicated ?

Yes, technically I could slice up my document and print out my image in six pieces... but I am working on a design that is likely to have several iterations and that would be pretty time-consuming.

[The other option was to print with Epson's Multi-page option however (other than 2x1) it only offers square shaped Posters of 2x2, 3x3 or 4x4. i.e. There is no 3x2 option. ]

So for now I think I am just going to have to stay with Adobe Acrobat's "Poster" printing function, which wastes paper by printing centered on 4x2.

it's a decision I make all the time - what is worth more: a resource or my time.... usually the latter
    Nothing lasts forever...