Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is it possible to do "multi-page printing" of large posters in XDP?

Hello

Is it possible to do "multi-page printing" to print large posters in Xara Designer Pro X?

e.g. I have an A2-sized page that I need to print across two sheets of A3 paper on my Epson WF-7840 printer.

I can't find how to make my Epson printer do it.

With thanks

J

UPDATE:
    I have now discovered my Espons "Properties" utility: Main tab ==> Multipage ==> "2x1 poster".

Now my problem is how can I make my printout come out at 1:1 ratio?
    i.e. How can I get 10cm in my A2 Xara document to print out as exactly 10cm on paper?

J
    Last edited by shiphen; 16 March 2022 at 07:14 PM.

Default Re: Is it possible to do "multi-page printing" of large posters in XDP?

this may be what you mean:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2022-03-16 19_29_04-ScreenSelWnd.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	131755

my example is A4, yours would be set differently I guess... but choose custom option and make sure the % scale value is 100%, that way the program does not 'fit to size'... double check top and bottom values are both zero

that said I may have mis-understood
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I think you may be right on handrawn.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

So, to get clear, are you saying that there is no way to print an page across multiple pages from within XDP?

i.e. If I print at "100%" on an A3 printer it will only it print on a single page.

Export to pdf, print the pdf. Most pdf viewers have the ability to tile a print.

You need a poster printing utility for that, such as GD Software's Easy Poster Printer, also available at the Microsoft Store.

Quote Originally Posted by shiphen View Post
    So, to get clear, are you saying that there is no way to print an page across multiple pages from within XDP?

i.e. If I print at "100%" on an A3 printer it will only it print on a single page.
    I would probably do what mwenz suggests; he is a printer by trade as I understand

don't expect a program to do everything... even if it does, there may be a simpler/better way....
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by shiphen View Post
    shipen, I may be missing something here but, with a WF-7620, I set up an A3 blank Portrait page and make it Double-page and ensure that there is no Page shadow.

In my printer settings, I pick A3 297 x 420 mm and Borderless. This gives 100% upright.

I have found I do still get a gap so if joining up is critical, I have a simple remedy.

Work from A3 single spread and have two pages.
    The first has the full image, left to centre.
    The second is centre to right.
    Always do a simple test run of a diagonal grid and box the size of out factual image is to see how much of an overlap will be needed.
    For instance you may need to scale down to 95% for both, ensuring left & right outer edges are kept aligned.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

indeed

maybe we both missed something
    Nothing lasts forever...

To be completely honest, I only half-understood any of that.

Worse, it turns out that my document only fits onto SIX sheets of A3 paper.

But I still do need to print my drawing at life size... somehow.