Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Blog for Pro+

Default Blog for Pro+

I attended a meeting of one of my charities I design for and those words uttered that shake my soul. “Hey, let’s get a blog for the website”. I remained calm.
    The suggestion of a blog widget or template has come up a number of times. The on line Pro+ manual, search for “blog” comes up with nothing.
    Personally I think we’ve come to the point where Xara must consider the option. This is a feature that many are asking for now for SEO, and for sites that primarily are rather static, other than one page. The blog page.
    Thanks all.
    - Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Default Re: Blog for Pro+

Bill, Xara designs are not connected to a server other than to deliver static HTML. A Blog requires server code and some sort of repository.
    Now if you want to be the repository, you could craft Blog pages that are single page Xara websites that can be embedded into a larger, static Xara website.
    Then, if you want to be the coder, you need to include functionality that also for next/prev, search/tagging and other gems that make a Blog useful.

The issue than become one of the need for the Blogger to have their own Xara product.
    We are talking about "static" blogs so no Likes or comments would be possible.

If you have CPanel access:
    I have found WordPress as an IFRAMEd prestation works. https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...676#post521676.
    I have also used DatenStrom Yellow for a lightweight Blog. You need some PHP skills on top of CSS and JavaScript.

Separately:
    Other blog sites can be embedded. You could try Blot @ $4/m.
    I have tried Nabble but was not too impressed.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thx @acorn. I’ll take a look at Blot. Very affordable.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

And don't forget Xtoms excellent XT-CMS
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    And don't forget Xtoms excellent XT-CMS
    ... and at a great price!

Indeed Boy!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host