Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mobile variant text font not working

Hi
    I use font size 56 for my main website heading 1 paragraph style. In the mobile variant for the same text style it's set to 32 px. But as the image shows the mobile variant is not resizing correctly when previewed.
    Any ideas? - Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2022-03-15 07_34_07-index.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	131738

Default Re: Mobile variant text font not working

I think the issue is being caused by the padding around the navbar as show in the images below. Now it's just the top of the text that's getting clipped. So how do I make the navbar padding smaller?

Name:	2022-03-15 08_21_37-Xara Designer Pro X - [CarbonFlip.xar _ [Mobile]].jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	122.5 KB 
ID:	131741

Name:	2022-03-15 08_24_46-Xara Designer Pro X - [CarbonFlip.xar [Mobile]].png 
Views:	32 
Size:	216.8 KB 
ID:	131742

eselick,

You can reconstruct the Navbar (which probably is a Xara creation anyway) and reduce the padding. But if you have only four main links, much simpler to create those links as text links and mount them on a menu bar e.g.

Name:	Text_Links_Navbar.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	131743

Assumed here you have the links and menu bar set to sticky, the menu bar can be set to full width too.

Were you to try using stick-at-top, there are a few extra steps to get this to work correctly and display at full browser width e.g. https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/satmenu/

Personally, I'm not a fan of SaT, but it can be made to work correctly.

Gary

Thanks for all the great ideas. I'm still thinking about the issue and hoping that there is some way of keeping the original Xara navbar and somehow adjusting the top and bottom padding or margins.

Quote Originally Posted by eselick View Post
    Thanks for all the great ideas. I'm still thinking about the issue and hoping that there is some way of keeping the original Xara navbar and somehow adjusting the top and bottom padding or margins.
    It would be easier to create a Navbar from scratch, but in your example reducing the height of the shapes used in the Navbar can be achieved by ungrouping the graphics, reducing the height of the shapes and re-creating the Navbar.

Name:	Reduce Height of Navbar.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	128.8 KB 
ID:	131754

Downside is the text does not vertically centre without ungrouping the buttons and realigning the text; then you might as well have started from scratch! Vertical alignment might not matter here as it looks like your Navbar shape colours are the same as the background.

There are lots of ways to do this; Xara Help covers it fairly well too.

Gary