Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Update XDP 19

Default Re: Update XDP 19

Thanks Gary!

Quote Originally Posted by Spamiky View Post
    So XDP 19 is like a new installation? Will XDP 18.5 be retained?
    I'm glad everyone has trouble installing. You can see how MAGIX works, especially that there is an update notification everywhere.
    XDP
    i just checked and my previous versions are there.
    Last edited by Acorn; 20 March 2022 at 06:06 PM.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thumbs down Re: Update XDP 19

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    So I always thought that V19 would be a major change and features, but it seems it is not/once again. What are your thoughts on this. Will there be another update before May?
    I'm with you there. I've been using xara since xtreme, and used to look forward to the updates. Unless they broke something making V19, I'd be very surprised to see an earlier update.

I mean, I'm glad they fixed stuff, and added/upgraded a few things, but $90 seems a bit stiff for what we get.

And if I let it expire, 3 popup nags every time I open the program does exactly the opposite of making me want to sign up again. Will V19 have 4 nags?

I think I will stay with 18 for now - or at least wait while before jumping to 19

My update service has expired and yet, I get zero nags to update to 19 when I start 18. (I have done something this - combination of firewall entry and a file rename)

Unless I missed it, did anybody from Magix post a comment here?

I've never seen someone from Magix here. Anyway, XDP 19 is a Xara product -- also featured on their website as one of two versions of XDP -- even though Magix markets it and they should chime in to clarify things (even if on behalf of Magix, something they have already done before).

xara has not just offloaded marketing of non-pro+ to magix but also it's support; so really, xara are unlikely to take an active part on TG anymore in respect of said non-pro+ programs

as it says on xara's website:

Our older Windows desktop products are sold and supported by distribution partner Magix.
    'older' being everything except Pro+/cloud

Magix have their own forum[s] which may be why we do not see them here...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    xara has not just offloaded marketing of non-pro+ to magix but also it's support; so really, xara are unlikely to take an active part on TG anymore in respect of said non-pro+ programs
    as it says on xara's website:

'older' being everything except Pro+/cloud
    Magix have their own forum[s] which may be why we do not see them here...
    handrawn, I cannot really be part of this discussion as I abandoned the Magix diaspora and moved to the saner Xara subscription model. Obviously, I still keep and run the Magix XDAs in support of them for TGers.

The pity is Xara seems to overlook this free resource that it profits by failing to acknowledge the Bugs reported as the Magix XDAs and Xara Pro+ use the same source codebase; it is just Magix eeks it out the updates (and claws them back) across cut-down sub-versions as it sees fit.
    Magix doesn't care as long as it hooks in new customers regardless and takes their money in trivial updates for as long as their Nags succeed.
    Xara doesn't care as it gets it cut of the Magix purchases and renewals.

What both companies fail to reflect back to us is fixing a reported fault in either delivery stream, fixes both.

A thank you, acknowledgement, status, resolution and adequate change logs cannot be that hard to deliver.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I went through the pain of downloading the update several times, only to discover much later that version 18 is not removed and version 19 is added to your computer. Access from the Start menu under Xara. However, I gave it a quick spin and it's reporting lots of errors.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara error report.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	131789
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara error report 2.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	131790
    I gave up and went back to version 18 until they sort out the bugs.

We are in communication with Magix. Xara and Magix are working together to find and fix the Online Content Catalog and 504 errors. Just like we did with the v19 installer issues. I will respond in this thread when the issue is fixed and verified, again just like I did before.

Best and have a good weekend.
    Matt