Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Update XDP 19

Default Re: Update XDP 19

Thanks Boy, with 5 new features or fixed ones LOL

So when I click update it wants to replace my v18. Is this normal? I thought It would install a separate program v19?

it did not replace 18.5 when I installed...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

ok thanks. will try later. They might have to do a bunch of revisions lol possibly bugs galore.

Any reason why the galleries take so long to download to my drive?

Lots of traffic due to software and contents updates, I would think.

Need a little help. I downloaded and ran the update 3 times in german before checking here - dumb. Most of designs gallery was gone, version in help still showed 18.5.0.63630. Downloaded trial version of 19, installed and registered. Installed and registered ok, but design gallery element empty, forcing download resulted in errors. After seeing update was fixed, went back to 18, downloaded and installed, at end it wanted me to remove designer pro, I did, it only removed the version 19. Still flagged to run the update, did it again, let me select US, all local design gallery items are there, but still shows version 18.5.0.63630, and keeps popping up the reminder to update. Thanks in advance!

Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbird View Post
    Need a little help. I downloaded and ran the update 3 times in german before checking here - dumb. Most of designs gallery was gone, version in help still showed 18.5.0.63630. Downloaded trial version of 19, installed and registered. Installed and registered ok, but design gallery element empty, forcing download resulted in errors. After seeing update was fixed, went back to 18, downloaded and installed, at end it wanted me to remove designer pro, I did, it only removed the version 19. Still flagged to run the update, did it again, let me select US, all local design gallery items are there, but still shows version 18.5.0.63630, and keeps popping up the reminder to update. Thanks in advance!

Nancy
    Nancy,

The German installer (at least in my scenario) loaded a new copy of the Magix Notifier into a new Magix folder. Whether this is the same for everyone who got caught-out with the faulty update I cannot tell.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Magix Notifier.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	131757

The outcome from this (incorrect) upgrade was a Design Gallery that would partially update, but with errors in retrieving specific gallery files.

The process I followed that did work was to uninstall BOTH the new Magix Notifier and v19; download the v19 trial version and register it with the product key. I had then to ‘download all’ to update the Designs Gallery – which does take some time.

I retained v18.5 and when it opens, I am still prompted to ‘upgrade’; v18 & v19 are separate installations and this is just a poorly designed promo popup. The Magic Notifier is an .exe file in Xara's program UPS folder(s) - you can (temporarily) disable it as has been discussed on TG if it annoys you.

I have now updated a few sites to v19 without any problems.

Gary

Default Re: Update XDP 19 /Pro x v19

For those still having problems with the pesky v19 Magix Notifier / Updater, there are still issues with the updater downloading v19 and correctly populating the Designs Gallery; online help file stays at v18 too. I logged a ticket with Magix and received a response that the development team are working to resolve the issues.

v19 does though work well

Gary

Default Re: Update XDP 19 /Pro x v19

Tried numerous times to download update, installation fails every time.
    From the DPx18 update prompt it starts to install and stops with:- Could not access network location [WIX_DIR_COMMON_DOCUMENTS] Xara_Xara Designer Pro X\.
    Downloaded trial version, a window opens with a rotating icon against the name Xara Designer Pro X after a short time changes to two bars then an hour later nothing Progress is stuck at 0%.
    Have lodged a ticket with Magix.
    Peter