Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Update XDP 19

Default Update XDP 19

An update to XDP 19 has appeared. It downloads in the program - it climbs like a snail slowly - horrible.
    So maybe it won't take the whole installation.

EDIT:

MAGIX quality services - after 30 minutes of downloading 289 mega, the installation site has dropped and I can start downloading again. Really good work. Mainly that they display notifications of updates and payments everywhere.
    Last edited by Spamiky; 14 March 2022 at 01:02 PM. Reason: broken install

P&G 10, 11, 15; XWD Premium 11,15; XDPX 15.1; XDPX 18.5; XDPX 19; XBuilder;

Default Re: Update XDP 19

I haven't tried installing it yet. I clicked on the link to see what is new and nothing happens. New version is 19.0.0.63929. I looked at Magix.com for the new features. Here is what they say:

Enhanced design tools Using the large handles for SmartShapes, the new selection tool, and the innovative QuickShape tool, it's easier than ever before to adjust an object's size and angle of rotation. Smart Layout technology enables ultra-fast arrangement of objects in geometric patterns, and non-destructive editing provides even more flexibility when designing charts and diagrams.

Optimal results – in every form Xara Designer Pro X works for everything: Enjoy native support for over 70 file formats and in the latest version, you can edit InDesign files without limitations. HTML export for web and SVG import for vector graphics have also been optimized in the new version. And thanks to the HiDPI workspace, you are able to create razor-sharp designs in the highest resolution possible.

Text editing for the best results In this update, we've paid special attention to improving text and layout workflows. Working with large amounts of text is easier than ever before thanks to the new text flow. Additionally, the new PDF Editor 4.0 allows you to swap text and images and fill out forms directly in the document. Self-hosted fonts provide better connection speeds for your websites and ensure privacy-compliant integration of Google Fonts.

Achieve perfect color for your prints CMYK colors are reproduced more realistically in your monitor's RGB display with the new ICC profiles. This helps you gain a better idea of what the end product will look like before printing, so you can fine-tune your color scheme to get the best results in print.

See and be seen New SEO tools help ensure that your content is easier to find and effortlessly offering you increased visibility online. Thanks to WebP support, photos and graphics display better than ever, even with heavy compression. Use this innovative format for shorter load times that result in a better user experience and even higher rankings on search engines. And Open Graph support gives you control over how your website appears when it's shared on social media.

More Content. More creative possibilities
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

For me, it eventually downloads a version with German instructions as a complete install; v18.5 is retained as I believe should be the case - there are though I suspect a few clinches to be sorted out in the download process !!

Same here. The installation process was in German.
    Make sure to look at whatever additional software they are trying to add. I unchecked the box.
    A reboot was required.
    It took a while before the Designs Gallery recognized the on-line catalogue. Once populated, everything was empty. The downloaded content is still under 18.5, but either needs to be copied over or downloaded again.

Edit: I have raised a ticket with Magix about the German and asking for a simple way to copy over the downloaded content to the new version.
    Last edited by browj2; 14 March 2022 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Added about raising a ticket.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

So XDP 19 is like a new installation? Will XDP 18.5 be retained?
    I'm glad everyone has trouble installing. You can see how MAGIX works, especially that there is an update notification everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Spamiky View Post
    So XDP 19 is like a new installation? Will XDP 18.5 be retained?
    I'm glad everyone has trouble installing. You can see how MAGIX works, especially that there is an update notification everywhere.
    according to Initiostar it is.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I recommend downloading the installation directly from the MAGIX website - you can choose the language and the download is fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Spamiky View Post
    I recommend downloading the installation directly from the MAGIX website - you can choose the language and the download is fast.
    Can you give us a URL for that? Cheers.

Chris

The best way (AFAICT) to 'upgrade' to Pro v19 is to download the trial version from the Magic website: https://www.magix.com/gb/photo-graph...-designer-pro/.

You can then enter your product key (it should be the same as for v18 or your 365 service); it can be retrieved using your login to Magix > My Products - do not try to copy and paste the product key; you need to enter it manually!

The upside is the Local Designs Gallery gets correctly loaded (which is not the case if you opt for the new upgrade service!).

This is a clean install and does not affect your v18 installation (AFAICT); you can continue to use both; any previously saved templates appear to come across to v19.

What you should see in programs is this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara Latest Release_v19.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	131733

What you should see in Local data is this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Local Designs Gallery.PNG 
Views:	128 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	131734

Currently using the Magix Notifier is a proper mess and loads a new version of the notifier into programs

No guarantees here, but I had to uninstall the v19 that came with the upgrade notifier and start again!!

Gary