Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Stereo Pair made with LeiaPix Converter

Blend of two rectangles with the space between rectangles the same width as the rectangle.

Second blend, two rectangles offset to fill in the spaces.

Place each blend over a photo and Intersect Shapes.

Hi Gary,

That is amazing! Thanks for the link.

I tried it on a photo of a view with trees in the foreground and water in the background. The trees move w.r.t. the water. This looks like a great trick for creating a video from a photo to separate some foreground from background. Neat trick. I'll add this to my bag of tricks like Corel Photo Mirage which allows one to create movement using an image.

I cropped each image to have portrait view, moved them closer. I had to play around with the sizing a bit to get them right. Finally got it.

This reminds me of looking at stereo pairs way back in the 70's at university and then at work using a simple stereoscope. I got to the point where I was able to hold 2 adjacent photos in front of me and see them in 3D. There was vertical exaggeration (we were tracing contour lines) so the effect was stunning (vertigo) whenever there was a high hill.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Lightbulb Re: Stereo Pair made with LeiaPix Converter

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Blend of two rectangles with the space between rectangles the same width as the rectangle.
    Second blend, two rectangles offset to fill in the spaces.
    Place each blend over a photo and Intersect Shapes.
    Gary, as far as I can tell, doing this just strips out a number of gaps in the single image.
    The approach required takes the whole image and splits it into gapped strips, which then interleaves with the similarly stripped second image.

My approach:

• Create a vertical strip the height of the images.
    • Create 64 adjacent copies.
    • Alt-squeeze/stretch to cover the width of the images.
    • Group.
    • Clone.
    • For each, set up a Bitmap Fill of each image.
    • For each, Open Group:
      • Select All.
      • Invoke Smart Duplicates and widen the image to double its width.
      • Save and return to the main design.

• Interspace each image.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

John - The Facebook page Stereograms 3D https://www.facebook.com/groups/72392414234/ has hundreds of stereo pairs some created with LeiaPix Converter and most just by taking two photos with a small distance between each photo. Both in parallel and cross eyes versions.