Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stereo Pair made with LeiaPix Converter

One of the stereogram sites I post to has almost been completely taken over with stereo pair photographs. A stereo pair phone when viewed as a stereogram produces a 3D effect.

Normally these are done by taking two photos, about 2-3" apart and placing them side by side.

But now there is a process developed by LeiaPix that converts any photo into a stereo pair. Or even a very dizzy making animation. https://convert.leiapix.com/#/

To create a stereo pair, use the Share option and Save as SBS.

It can probably work on art. I tried it on a Prisma filtered photo and it turned out pretty cool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	original.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	211.4 KB 
ID:	131690   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LeiaPix Conversion.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	131691  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prisma Filtered LeiaPix image.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	135.0 KB 
ID:	131692  

Default Re: Stereo Pair made with LeiaPix Converter

Or even a very dizzy making animation
    Indeed.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Gary, does the Depth Map LeiaPix generates help in your stereograms?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

For those of us who find stereograms hard, go old school with a modern twist; https://jermolene.com/lenticulator/.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Gary, does the Depth Map LeiaPix generates help in your stereograms?

I suppose it might. I tried making one from my image and it sort of works. But it would need some playing around with on the website to tweak it where it might be useful.

Name:	LeiaPix depth map.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	131693  

But wait, it gets better. I just had this black and white Triskelion image on my desktop and I dropped it into the converted. Amazingly the converter seems to have interpreted the simple image into a convincing 3D shape almost exactly as I had done yesterday. And the generated depth image created a credible stereogram.

With the three black and white symbols, look at the left two for parallel view and the middle and right image for convergent images (cross eyes)

Name:	Triskelion.png 
Views:	38 
Size:	270.1 KB 
ID:	131701   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Triskelion Pair.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	121.3 KB 
ID:	131702  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Triskelion_depthMap.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	131703   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Triskelion LeiaPix.png 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	131704  

It certainly has good depth.
    I'm glad I suggested it.

Acorn

Acorn - The Lenticulator is a low tech version of the photos with the lenticular plastic surface that does the same thing. These used to be popular gimmicks for advertising and promotion as well as fancy postcards.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Acorn - The Lenticulator is a low tech version of the photos with the lenticular plastic surface that does the same thing. These used to be popular gimmicks for advertising and promotion as well as fancy postcards.
    Gary, appreciate the information. Almost as low tech is doing it all in Xara.
    I can think of two ways; one is quite squirrely.

Acorn